Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Surprise in Surprise Attack...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Angry Surprise in Surprise Attack...

I played SA 5-6 times (before last update) and i was using Evil's guide and my general was never intercepted by camp on 4th leader, until today. This is a picture of that camp.

http://prnt.sc/asecz1

I read CHANGES & IMPROVEMENTS, and i found this:
    "Adventure: Defence areas are removed for boss camps on The Nords, Invasion of the Nords, Surprise Attacks and Arctic Explosion."
    I know it say "areas are removed", but maybe something more is changed also. Can that be a reason why i lost all my ?

World
    Sandycove
    I haven't played it yet, and I use the wiki guides, but I remember that clearly the 4th camp (on the far left) has an intercept zone that covers the middle (the path that the main attack goes through) but that camp never intercepted nor did it need to be blocked. That has changed.

I don't understand the wording "defense areas are removed for boss camps" which makes no sense at all to me, but the community feedback is that on these adventures camps would intercept where they wouldn't before.

My plan for Surprise Attack therefore is to direct attack the left most camp before doing the 3 way block, until I can figure out a block for it.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I don't understand the wording "defense areas are removed for boss camps"

Some Leader camps had an area of influence on them like normal camps causing them to intercept and change the pattern of attacks. In the interest of consistency, areas of influence have been removed from all leader (boss) camps.

World
    Sandycove
    I am all for consistency so I don't object to the change and it's appreciated it was posted well in advance. It sounds like you're saying that in effect the bosses were 'intercepting' - even though no message said so. Fascinating.

In the long run it's much better to have everything always work the same.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post

Some Leader camps had an area of influence on them like normal camps causing them to intercept and change the pattern of attacks. In the interest of consistency, areas of influence have been removed from all leader (boss) camps.
    and you figured out that after 3 years ? ppl got used for that and i dont see where the issue is ! it "was" fun ! and now no more fun on that.

World
    Northisle
    I am all for consistency so I don't object to the change and it's appreciated it was posted well in advance. It sounds like you're saying that in effect the bosses were 'intercepting' - even though no message said so. Fascinating.

In the long run it's much better to have everything always work the same.
    The leaders didn't intercept but after the attacking general entered the influence are of the leader the general couldn't be intercepted by other camps anymore. Now the leader camp influence area is removed so other camps can intercept the attack.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post

If the goal is to have everything so 'consistent' why don't they just remove all adv and just make one that we do over and over ?
    It was well known that in advs with nords troops, the leader camps had an aggro zone and it made those advs feel different.
    I don't understand the need for such a change that just strips some fun from something that worked pretty well.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I haven't played it yet, and I use the wiki guides, but I remember that clearly the 4th camp (on the far left) has an intercept zone that covers the middle (the path that the main attack goes through) but that camp never intercepted nor did it need to be blocked. That has changed.

Yep, that is true. I checked 2-3 different guides and all of them ignored that camp.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Unintended consequences! Nords = less fun now and the guides will need a rework again but cest la vie.

Reply to Thread