Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alaric to Zod

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Alaric to Zod

With the Easter event, I hit 26 Generals. Because I like things to be organised, I have named them alphabetically by the order they appear in my Star menu so that I know who is who and which troops are where.

How do you all list yours?

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, a bit haphazard but based on some of the Generals' attributes:

My 3 MoD's are all named for legendary Chelsea defenders.
    Grim Reapers are "War", "Death", "Famine", "Pestilence", and of course "Keith Richards".
    Gen Bighelmet has been renamed "Stronghelmet" in memory of the unique general from the original Starter Pack who got bugged out of the game and never replaced.
    Ninjas all carry references from Hawkwind's "Assassins of Allah" / "Hassan I Sabha".
    The two troop carriers are "Robot Santa" and "Big Yellow Taxi"
    The 220 Gens have been renamed "Klotz" which was their original name in the Premium Packs.

Still toying with some ideas for the remaining types, probably depending on their numbers where only the Tavern gens would be consistent at six (or possibly five on Northisle because another got nuked by the same bug that killed Stronghelmet). The MG's will either be something from The Mikado or related to the famous car marque.
    Vets are getting close to being the entire Chelsea "H" team who spectacularly won the 1970 FA Cup Final against Leeds which was all out war where flair won out over thuggery.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 21.04.16 at 21:38.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    I use the names of generals from history for the most part (MacArthur, Patton, Rommel, etc.) - but my MMA's are named after martial artists or references to such (Grasshopper (TV show Kung Fu), Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris) -
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i call mine attack one attack two and so on and so on lol

World
    Northisle
    I have one named SHAUN!!! as a nod to the Heavy Rain Glitch - I do like to send him on suicide missions

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    My normal gens are called Oompa Loompa 1, Oompa Loompa 2 and so forth. Then I have a Special Oompa Loompa (my first "special" gen, a BHG) Fast Oompa Loompa (quartermaster), Lord Oompa Loompa (dracul), Veteran Oompa Loompa (vet) and Master Oompa Loompa (MMA). I rather enjoy sending my Oompa Loompas off to fight. ^^

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I use the names of generals from history for the most part (MacArthur, Patton, Rommel, etc.) - but my MMA's are named after martial artists or references to such (Grasshopper (TV show Kung Fu), Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris) -
    Ha, mma naming convention is the same, except Kwai Chang Caine instead of Grasshopper. So Bruce Lee is there and so on...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    with reference to the first post is this how you get them in order in the star by name?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief_Rob View Post
    with reference to the first post is this how you get them in order in the star by name?
    You can't change the order in the star menu, you have to name them in the order they are.

Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by IainC View Post
    With the Easter event, I hit 26 Generals. Because I like things to be organised, I have named them alphabetically by the order they appear in my Star menu so that I know who is who and which troops are where.

How do you all list yours?
    Just curious - what will you do when you get a 27th general?

I've named mine after Harry Potter characters with some small adaptions to show what general it is:
    I got a Lord Vetimord, Godrim Gryffindor, Battlelatrix Lestrange, Dracul Malfoy, Tavernon Dursley and so on lol.

Reply to Thread