Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Server Zone crashed

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    the recent update to prevent this seems to have made the situation worse :/
    Whilst it maybe true by the intention ` in order to reduce locked zones' As Jolly says its not actually doing this, which doesn't in still faith in the understanding of the devs of this issue. There are some really old `sorted' bugs constantly reappearing everytime they `fix' the locked zone issue. Perhaps attention to why this is occurring may pin point a more accurate assessment of what is causing locked zones ( I think copy/ paste of old versions of code is the reason ...and have said so often enough but what do I know ) The deliberate reduction and changing of `landing zones' for generals on addy's is also high on my suspect list, especially as some of these changes were not well informed to the player base, so how can we know whether they were intentional or bugs coming in through the back door. I've supported most of the recent changes, and still hope the `spoonful of sugar' is on route to make the taking of this `medicine' worth it, but all these downtimes and game updates to improve the `locked zones' issue is going to wear a bit thin if in practise its making things worse, especially when on balance most of these changes are having a less than positive side effect on the `playability/fun' part of the game. Free gifts as compensation is all well and good but it does not equate to fun, and that's why we play isn't it?
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Newfoundland
    Your suggestions are being passed on, including the ones about bringing back Weekly Maintenance.

The downtime this weekend was unfortunate, but it was needed to restart the servers world wide.
    This was the only way to solve the reported locked zones.

Please make sure to send in a support ticket if the downtime caused unexpected losses (e.g. adventure ending prematurely).

Later edit:
    I explained before that locked zones are more of a "symptom" and not related to just one issue. When an error is detected on your zone, the zone is locked to prevent further damage.
    Think of it like a headache. It can mean a number of things are wrong, as the headache is just the symptom.
    Each locked zone can be caused by a completely different cause than another locked zone so an investigation is required in each case.
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 25.04.16 at 15:55.

Reply to Thread