Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Use geologists on friends islands

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove

Use geologists on friends islands

Every time I am buffing on a guildies island and see empty deposits I am thinking it would be neat if I could send my geologists to search for new deposits for them.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree! That would be a great feature!

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I was against this idea the last time it was suggested and I'm still against it.

1: Your assuming the other player has not sent out their own geologists to discover those deposits, yes your geologist can find that gold mine in 1 hour 24 mins but by doing that the slow geologist they sent out to find the exact same deposit is now going to be unavailable to them for up to maybe 2 1/2 hours on a fruitless search.

2: What if they have their geologist better skilled than the one you sent, your geologist finds a deposit they don't want. With mines they will have to start building a mine and then cancel it so that they can find the sort of deposit they want. If it's a quarry they now have to wait for it to deplete which may now happen when they are off line instead of having a deposit which would last long enough until they logged in again.

3: What if they did not want that deposit in the first place, you have wasted your geologists time looking for a deposit they don't need possibly because their storehouse is full.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I was against this idea the last time it was suggested and I'm still against it.

1: Your assuming the other player has not sent out their own geologists to discover those deposits, yes your geologist can find that gold mine in 1 hour 24 mins but by doing that the slow geologist they sent out to find the exact same deposit is now going to be unavailable to them for up to maybe 2 1/2 hours on a fruitless search.

2: What if they have their geologist better skilled than the one you sent, your geologist finds a deposit they don't want. With mines they will have to start building a mine and then cancel it so that they can find the sort of deposit they want. If it's a quarry they now have to wait for it to deplete which may now happen when they are off line instead of having a deposit which would last long enough until they logged in again.

3: What if they did not want that deposit in the first place, you have wasted your geologists time looking for a deposit they don't need possibly because their storehouse is full.
    None of these objections make any sort of sense to me.

When my friends are at work, I know they will be very happy to come home to an island with fresh deposits ready for new mines, and not have to wait for hours before they can rebuild.

All my geologists have max skills, for different deposits.

Why is a full storehouse a problem? You will use the resources sooner or later anyway. I am not wasting time when I do not have any empty deposits on my own island. And usually I see that my friends marble masons have emptied all their deposits, and I know it will be several hours before they get home.
    Last edited by Dragavon; 23.04.16 at 13:30.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Another reason for wanting empty deposits is the expectation of receiving a quest to find one, it would be more irking if it was part of a event quest chain.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Another reason for wanting empty deposits is the expectation of receiving a quest to find one, it would be more irking if it was part of a event quest chain.
    And you get that quest exactly once for each type of deposit. All deposits will deplete, and you have to search for them again and again and again and again and again........

I cannot see how that is a problem.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I've seen players leave guilds because of unwanted buffs, this idea is the same. Those players would see it as disruptive to their game play. You may not see a problem with this idea but they do.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    For once I am on Dorotheus' side. Not something I would want done on my island.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    would'nt complain if someone found deposits on my island 40 masons eat marble fast i can see how for some it could be a problem but if a way to enable/disable the ability for others to do so was added with such a feature then problem solved (each deposit type should have a seperate option same for buffing too as previously suggested)
    Last edited by Smiffy2204; 24.04.16 at 23:21.

Reply to Thread