Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Double xp weekend

World
    Newfoundland

Double xp weekend

Hello, I would like to make a suggestion about a EVENT called DOUBLE XP WEEKEND, as I`m having real tough time levelling up to max level, so during this DOUBLE XP WEEKEND, your Experience collected is doubled, with premium 4x (quadroubled), I saw in games like Battlefield 4 ( We had 4x XP weekend just a week ago), COD BO3 (Double XP Weekend`s almost every weekend like shown in image) !
    I would also suggest that DOUBLE XP WEEKEND starts on FRIDAY, so through Weekend and ends Monday !
    If you like, write a comment.
    I would like also add that this, DOUBLE XP WEEKEND, becomes a monthly event...

Last edited by DrBoom; 29.04.16 at 15:19.

World
    Newfoundland

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    ++1

Absolutely a brilliant idea as it would give an incentive for players to be more active that weekend and dedicate more time to the game as a result of that.

World
    Sandycove
    sorry but I'm against because we already have extra XP from the premium shop. If we then have a double xp weekend, I have effectively paid for 2 days prem for nothing.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    sorry but I'm against because we already have extra XP from the premium shop. If we then have a double xp weekend, I have effectively paid for 2 days prem for nothing.

no you wouldnt as your prem wouldnt be wasted

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Your maths are flawed for starters, double premium would be 3x not 4x.

If they did do this and you got to max level then what ? A lot of us spent a long time sitting at max level with nothing new to do, would you like to end up in that position.

Finally the way xp per level scales up even if you got the double weekends you ask for they would have less impact upon your levelling than you might think. Personally I'm hoping for new adventures around about November more suitable to the later levels than the ones we have now.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Northisle
    I'm in the -1 camp. I don't see the point of trying to rush through the levels on a game that is not intended to be raced through. If you want longevity in TSO, levelling quickly isn't the way forward. Taking the time to balance your economy is important to most players to some degree and charging through to the higher levels won't aid that.

Also, consider that a Double XP Weekend would work less well here than on some other games as here you need the resources to support an army in order to gain most from it- resources that only a good economy or serious trading can provide. Many players (not the higher levels so much, but lower to mid level) would probably feel cheated from an event such as this as it would mean depleting their troops and resources very rapidly and being unable to replace them quick enough to take good advantage of the weekend. A lot of players would feel it's another elite/long-term player-only event that isn't balanced for the entire player base.

The last point is that many higher level players have fairly "earned" their premium days. To then give away something essentially similar to everyone might make those higher levels feel cheated.

World
    Northisle
    Maybe Premium weekends would suit TSO better.
    • mechanism is already in place
    • both xp and loot is increased
    • those players who already have premium enabled would get the days added to the total
    • advertisement for premium

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

The current mechanics are enough, I for one am hoping there's something new in pipeline and better thought out than the Ali Baba adventures because if not I seriously doubt getting to 75 will be an issue at all.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    why not just ask bb to make u lvl75 and while ur at it ask em to fill ur stores with all resources!

Reply to Thread