Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Pathfinder and New Content - Dev Blog

Master of Strategy
    World
    Sandycove
    Please can we keep on-topic, folks. You can make suggestions for game improvements in that part of the forum.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    +1

World
    Newfoundland
    Has it been brought to BB's attention what the level requirements are for the levels above 50 ?

To put it into perspective :

- lvl 70 is around 1/3rd of exp needed for 75 (roughly 345 millions of exp vs over 1 billion), meaning that if

The design for this feature was done as part of the Level Cap Raise in order to cover the high level range
    that means you are introducing one single feature to cover what is several years of play for an average active player. Also, given the blog mentions the level range 63-69 but does not say anything about 70+, this indicates there are no plans of introducing anything else to cover the majority (2/3rds !) of the actual level range (in experience points not level numbers).

- lvl 67 is half the exp needed for lvl 70 (175 millions vs 345 millions), which means that at least on majority of servers there are barely any people to are close to halfway to unlocking the feature once it is deployed. How is it

impact on existing content
    then when there is a huge possibility that on some servers the ship wont even be unlocked by anyone this year ?
    Last edited by sparkz; 16.05.16 at 09:04.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I couldn't agree more!!

I cannot imagine how the developers ever thought that wasting the time of players in forcing them to wait for generals to arrive at adventures or, even worse, watching them walk painfully slowly to and from bandit camps could EVER be 'fun'!!!!

Naveed1967
    SEEMS OK,

but apart from all may it be possible that normal generals heeling time from 4 hours to 2 hours, and fast generals heeling time from 2 hours to 1 hour

in addition will it be possible to provide 2 more normal generals ( which can be purchased against beans )

and one more MMA may be provided in shop ( which can be purchased through beans )

regards,
    naveed
    Last edited by Naveed1967; 17.05.16 at 14:55. Reason: miss heeling time duration

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    cool....this is getting more interesting.....

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    that means you are introducing one single feature to cover what is several years of play for an average active player.
    I don't see a problem. you now have several years worth of gaming ahead

I can't see BB implementing suggestions to speed up the game. it's the way the game was designed, maybe u should ask BB to write a new game.
    If it takes ur gens 2-4 hours to heal and u want to carry on sooner then ur long term objective is to get more gens. If this time is halved and u don't need any more gens what have u got to play for in the long term? I know as much as the next person how tedious waiting for gens to build, move, arrive, heal, is, but BB have designed it this way for good reason. I know many ppl don't like it, but u could give pvp a good try, its much faster.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Every new feature in the game is always welcome, but I have 2 suggestions to make:

1. Have you ever thought of increasing generals walking speed at least 2x? Let's say to make them as fast as in expeditions, because those way too slow walking times is really annoying. And I don't see any real reason for them to be so slow.

2. Please invest in the servers already, there's many people playing this game and we experience lags in adventures too often. Game servers really should be faster.

I hope BB will take those suggestions in consideration.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Hmm, "Let's implement a feature nobody can use within the next 4-5 months".

There is a concept for that in Lean Management: JIT.
    The Pathfinder could have been released when the first person is level 69, until then it doesn't make any difference.

One could argue that there *are* higher priorities (i.e. more urgent things) that could have been done until then.

But that's just smart management and business acumen.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    Hmm, "Let's implement a feature nobody can use within the next 4-5 months".

There is a concept for that in Lean Management: JIT.
    The Pathfinder could have been released when the first person is level 69, until then it doesn't make any difference.

One could argue that there *are* higher priorities (i.e. more urgent things) that could have been done until then.

But that's just smart management and business acumen.
    BB commented at German forums that there are several players at or near 70 already when people cried about the first blog. The lvl 70 was already set in stone before the feedback threads were created

It's nice to focus on content that minority of the player base can ever make use of regardless how far it was from completed feature...

Reply to Thread