Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Back to Star button for geneal, needful inside adventures too !

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    I would really really like to send generals back to star on advs.

In fact this is so obvious to me it took some time before it registered it wasn't possible on advs.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    This is the scenario each time we do a big adventure. http://prntscr.com/dzvllt

Not enough landing zones. So gens must be moved to the side and gens first places to spots that is now free - then from there to where you actually want them.
    Would be a lot easier if none was placed, and you could put them right away to where you wanted them inside the landing zone.
    I would want some means of telling a particular general not to unload troops once arrived in star before I could support your idea. Alternatively some sort of "Land first" switch would do the same.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I would want some means of telling a particular general not to unload troops once arrived in star before I could support your idea. Alternatively some sort of "Land first" switch would do the same.
    You got it all wrong.
    The auto-unload troops for generals not landing is a feature.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Newfoundland
    Apparently they was concerned about it being used to teleport generals to another part of the map. While technically it would do that under the right circumstances I did try to explain to the Devs that it could only be used to teleport generals from the front line back to the landing zone which is entirely the wrong direction.
    I would like to talk with the developers if they are concerned about this. In my opinion, this exploit is impossible.

Take Black Knights as an example, there are 3 landing zones for 3 players. If one player sends too many generals, and some generals have to stay in the Star Menu, that player can only put their generals in their own landing zone, not in other 2.

So, if we are able to send our generals back to Star Menu, by all mean, it should work exactly the same as when there are not enough room to land.
    Last edited by Syltom1; 24.01.17 at 22:09.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    You got it all wrong.
    The auto-unload troops for generals not landing is a feature.
    bk spam at event. you send you preloaded gens. each gen makes only 1 attack. no landing equals no troops in generals equals setting every generals troops every single time.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    bk spam at event. you send you preloaded gens. each gen makes only 1 attack. no landing equals no troops in generals equals setting every generals troops every single time.
    The solution to that is pretty simple Just dont preload your gens - sent the troops needed and the gens.

But to be honest, I cant really see why all the big adventures need to be one big mess for the rest of us, so that you can do BK spam at events
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry but I use pre-loading in a lot of adventures. I use it to be able to send the first attacks while sorting out the rest of the troops. this includes the adventures which are a mess.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    Sorry but I use pre-loading in a lot of adventures. I use it to be able to send the first attacks while sorting out the rest of the troops. this includes the adventures which are a mess.
    Yes, and that's why I've suggested following..
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    There could be beachheads instead of landing spots - technically, "island storehouse" of which we would move out our generals.
    One beachhead per player and coastal sector.

Shouldn't be so hard to fix code for that and map devs to pinpoint beachhead spots in all maps - compared to all (sneak) changes done about current landing spots.
    ..in 34171-General-ADV-placement.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    The solution to that is pretty simple Just dont preload your gens - sent the troops needed and the gens.

But to be honest, I cant really see why all the big adventures need to be one big mess for the rest of us, so that you can do BK spam at events
    It was only an example that stands out. Thank you for the compliment but i dont think im the only one intelligent enough to preload gens.
    Last edited by EdaImesEtti; 25.01.17 at 21:47.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Syltom1 View Post
    I would like to talk with the developers if they are concerned about this. In my opinion, this exploit is impossible.

Take Black Knights as an example, there are 3 landing zones for 3 players. If one player sends too many generals, and some generals have to stay in the Star Menu, that player can only put their generals in their own landing zone, not in other 2.

So, if we are able to send our generals back to Star Menu, by all mean, it should work exactly the same as when there are not enough room to land.
    You think the exploit would be the only topic, which has to be tackled, when introducing this function for adventures? What about the missing mayor house, which is normally used as the hub between star, travel and the home island. The general is always going there if you send him to the star and this building is missing on adventures, right?

Reply to Thread