Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Back to Star button for geneal, needful inside adventures too !

  1. #21
    Keen Commentor Syltom1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    159
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Much as I like this idea the Dev's have already said this is a no no due to a potential exploit.
    Do you have the link or remember what is that potential exploit? I really want to know about it.

  2. #22
    Town Councillor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    628
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    As much as I like your idea, Id actually prefer the landzones to be all green as opposed to selected landing sites. the FT advs are prime examples of inadequate spaces
    +777

  3. #23
    Committed Clicker
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Danmark
    Posts
    406
    World
    Newfoundland
    +666

  4. #24
    Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,078
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    As much as I like your idea, Id actually prefer the landzones to be all green as opposed to selected landing sites. the FT advs are prime examples of inadequate spaces
    +1000 the issue even in new ventures adventures!

  5. #25
    Architect of the Empire
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    996
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Much as I like this idea the Dev's have already said this is a no no due to a potential exploit.
    Yes I would also like to know what the exploit is. If it cant be told, then I suggest not to mention it at all.

    But besides from that - this is a problem. Most of us have a lot of gens now and it is utter chaos when they all land.
    We came up with a solution, and if it for some reason can not work,- then I suggest BB think of something.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

  6. #26
    Jolly Advisor Bobblyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    devon
    Posts
    193
    World
    Newfoundland
    realised i was talking rubbish
    Last edited by Bobblyt; 24.01.17 at 21:47.

  7. #27
    Architect of the Empire
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    996
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblyt View Post
    surely the exploit is obvious! go to adventure; load all generals into star menu; return to home island; unload generals from star menu = 0 travel time back (other than the time to build the garrison on your home ofc)
    with just 1 Quartermaster Claus you could ship 10K troops across in about 20 minutes
    Where is the gens that there is no room for on adv.? I was kind of thinking they were in star. You still have to sent them home for them to be home, traveltime the same as allways.
    Gens in star on you adv is not on your home island.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

  8. #28
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,801
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Syltom1 View Post
    Do you have the link or remember what is that potential exploit? I really want to know about it.
    Apparently they was concerned about it being used to teleport generals to another part of the map. While technically it would do that under the right circumstances I did try to explain to the Devs that it could only be used to teleport generals from the front line back to the landing zone which is entirely the wrong direction.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

  9. #29
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,563
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Yes I would also like to know what the exploit is. If it cant be told, then I suggest not to mention it at all.

    But besides from that - this is a problem. Most of us have a lot of gens now and it is utter chaos when they all land.
    We came up with a solution, and if it for some reason can not work,- then I suggest BB think of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Apparently they was concerned about it being used to teleport generals to another part of the map. While technically it would do that under the right circumstances I did try to explain to the Devs that it could only be used to teleport generals from the front line back to the landing zone which is entirely the wrong direction.
    Hint..
    Another possible solution..
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    There could be beachheads instead of landing spots - technically, "island storehouse" of which we would move out our generals.
    One beachhead per player and coastal sector.

    Shouldn't be so hard to fix code for that and map devs to pinpoint beachhead spots in all maps - compared to all (sneak) changes done about current landing spots.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

  10. #30
    Architect of the Empire
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    996
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is the scenario each time we do a big adventure. http://prntscr.com/dzvllt

    Not enough landing zones. So gens must be moved to the side and gens first places to spots that is now free - then from there to where you actually want them.
    Would be a lot easier if none was placed, and you could put them right away to where you wanted them inside the landing zone.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.