Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unbalanced game

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Curufindul View Post
    My thoughts:

Yes, it's called cash shop most of the time. If you don't want to use that, you have to grind the same as they did, which is no different than this game. In my opinion, I think it's better that BB has a limit on the generals you can buy with gems, it makes people actually participate in events and share their experience on how to get them. I'm sure you've seen that while getting your own generals. I focus on generals, since that's what you referred to as well, but it's exactly the same for almost all the buildings you see, with the only exception being the gem pits.

Personally, I've never seen any level restrictions in this game, unless you mean something else? The rate at which you gain levels depends only on how many adventures you do. Now, you don't have 4 MMAs, ok, try to find a different guide, tweak the attacks so you don't have that many losses, suicide your MMA a couple of times, etc. There are many things you can do to get past that. If the time they spend injured bothers you, you can always find Medipacks in Trade Office (which I never found necessary, but anyway).

Limiting the amount of generals you can have of some type would only draw people away from events, and if you want to catch up it's the number one thing you don't want. Also think of all the players that aren't lvl 55 yet and don't have 2 MMAs. The vast majority of the people that got MMAs on the last event got them with the help of higher level players, otherwise they wouldn't stand a chance.

Population buildings, i'm sorry, but that depends on how you run your economy. I don't know about Newfoundland, but on Northisle you can find Noble residence deeds for sale in the Trade Office every single day. It shouldn't be a problem for you to buy, say once a week, at your level. Also, all high level people in my guild use tons of bread to replenish their population, which I am sure you do as well, so I don't really really see a problem with population.
    I did buy some gems to get gem pit and now I have 5 but that doesn't give you as big of an advantage as people think it would.

Thinking of people that only just started, yes they have it way worse than me. That's why I think something has to be done about it. People will continue to start playing this game and have it worse and worse.

And yes I do buy nobles almost everyday...BUT my island is almost filled with them...WTs meanwhile give 100 population limit and use only a small amount more space, same goes for FMs.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-L View Post
    in September it'll be 3 years since I'm here and yes I have lots of manors and towers, but that's just because I spent most of the time here, lol
    if I wouldn't have build up the economy that's doing surplus - which I'm using to get event resources, I would also be complaining about not having 4 or 5 mmas and 25k pop
    it's also very important do many (reasonable) adventures and you can't forget about trading

and to drop rate: I hear all the time people complaining about, but the answer is simple. if you don't play RB, you can't get a WT and with playing I mean 5-10 RBs daily and swapping both spots in most cases. sometimes 400 are empty, but then you get 5 in 1 week
    Hehe well at least you gave me hope that we can still get WTs lol :P
    Thanks for understanding me... hehe
    I am not complaining as much as people here think. It was just a thought about people not having the same chances.
    Contrary to what most understood from my post I am not trying to get to level 75 as fast as I can...otherwise I would be 60+ already and play all the time, but I dont because I try to have fun not be the best.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzball_NZ View Post
    I've been playing 6 months, only just reached Level 50 yesterday.. cleared the first sector of the new islands.. but have no stalks to claim it.

Such is the way of life.. I'd love to have 8500 stalks to progress to the next sector... which looks much harder... Yay??!!!?

But unless I get lucky in a trade that wont happen for awhile, but you cant expect everything to happen as soon as you want it to lol.

My population is just on 8K.. I'd love it to be 25K (really love it lol).

But the challenge of the game is to achieve things, milestones.. and I dont begrudge the players that have been here forever.. they should have more stuff, they have been here longer.. you shouldnt be able to pop into the shop and just catch up.. it sort of defeats the purpose of having you hang around and work for it

I played Settlers the offline versions many years ago.. so I was overjoyed to find the online version.

Some of the members of my guild have 5 mma, 5 vets, Santa and grim reaper generals that I dont have... I will always be eternally jealous... but if I stick around long enough. which I intend to do.. hopefully I can get some of those things to.. for now I will be content with the two mma's and two vets that I do have
    Great post man, that's the attitude to have. As in life there will always be people out there with more. True happiness is learning to be content with what you have.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozlic View Post
    Hehe well at least you gave me hope that we can still get WTs lol :P
    Contrary to what most understood from my post I am not trying to get to level 75 as fast as I can...
    Sorry, but that's what it looks like, tbh.

At least you saw the answer about Witch towers. Isn't it normal that someone who has been playing longer has more?

About having it worse and worse, no I think people will be ok. If any person compares their island with someone who has been playing 2-3 years more than them, I don't think it's the older player's fault. This game is a game of patience and planning, nothing more. Fuzzball_NZ says it better than I do in his post.
    Come join HOWL one of the best guilds in Northisle. Don't be scared, we don't bite (much)!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    To a point I can agree with you no you will never catch players such as myself, but the picture isn't as bleak as you paint it. It's entirely possible to build a huge population on you main Island using magnificent residence there's room for around 70 of them (35000 pop). MG mean that in many instances MMA are solely used for suicide waves you can adapt and use other generals, maybe you will lose a few more troops but it isn't that bigger handicap.

I've advocated in the past that maybe the MMA limit (any other limit if BB chose too) in the merchant should include ones from previous events thus giving BB some much needed revenue but it is unlikely to happen.

The game will always be about adapting to your circumstances and what you have in many cases will be directly proportional to the amount of effort / time you put in, some of the thing you want can still be bought for in game resources such as WT but others you will have to either put more years in or adapt to do without.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozlic View Post
    Since some adventures require up to 4 MMAs, I cannot complete the adventures without having to wait 2-4 hours or having a lot bigger losses.
    What?
    No adventures require any MMA. It's a matter of efficiency and time. All of us came from the beginning and at one time adventures like the fairytales were completely beyond me... then I could do one in 5 days..... now I can do one in 5 hours.

How do you define unbalanced? What are you measuring yourself against when you say you can't 'keep up'? Put in the hard yards like the higher levels have done.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    You do not catch up as such. For example there are guys in my guild with fully skilled explorers, i am still making books. However over time you will gain all those things. They may always have a bit more but that is the way of it.

1 MMA becomes 2, 3, 4 in time, the events roll around. Took me a year to go from 2 vet - 3 vet, 2 MMA - 4 MMA. Your not in a hurry are you?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Let's move this theory of imbalance into some real world scenarios...

- My parents have a nicer house than me, that is an imbalance, someone should give me a house as nice as theirs.
    - I've been working here for a year, the executives in the company get paid more than me, that is an imbalance, someone needs to up my pay to match theirs.
    - Bill Gates is a squillionare, that is an imbalance, someone should give me a squillion dollars.

Work hard, save up, one day you can have what the older people have
    There is always going to be someone out there who has it better than you, you just have to live with that

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-L View Post
    I would also be complaining about not having 4 or 5 mmas and 25k pop
    well done we are all very impressed, i'm sure ur bragging helped kozlic no end!

kozlic u do have the same opportunities as e1 else and the game is easier for u than it was for players 4 years ago, e.g. the mma didn't even exist! ignore what other ppl have amassed and just enjoy ur game. u will have 4 mma's etc in time
    Last edited by vigabrand; 21.05.16 at 14:00.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think most of you missed the point I was trying to make.

I am not complaining that I don't have as many stuff as players that play for 3 years. I am complaining that BB keeps lowering the drop rates.

Reply to Thread