Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unbalanced game

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

Unhappy Unbalanced game

(TL;DR version at the bottom)

Hello,

while we are waiting for the servers to go live again I feel like having a public rant instead of just in guild chat

I love the game and the community we have on Newfoundland. It's relaxing (sometimes frustrating too (block fails)) and I have a lot of laughs in chat all the time.

BUT...I feel it's pretty unbalanced. Meaning, how can I catch up or keep up with some of the players with 5 MMAs and 100 of Witch towers/Frozen Manors when it is impossible for me to get more MMAs or population buildings (drop rate basically 0).

I started playing this game a little less than a year ago (even though I registered 2 years ago) and I have 2 MMAs at level 55.
    Since some adventures require up to 4 MMAs, I cannot complete the adventures without having to wait 2-4 hours or having a lot bigger losses.
    This means that I cannot possibly keep up.

I get it, the longer you play the easier you should have it but, that's already the case with built up star coins, resources etc without having more of the important generals. I think BB should give us all a chance to play on the same terms (for example limit the number of MMAs one can have and let the rest catch up).

What are your thoughts on it?

Tl;Dr

I feel the game is very unbalanced because newer players cannot have the same amount of MMAs/Population buildings due to change in drop rate or simply the fact that we missed some events. That's why we cannot keep up/catch up. What are your thought?

Cheers!

Koz
    Last edited by Kozlic; 19.05.16 at 10:01.

World
    Newfoundland
    That's Life!

It doesn't matter what online game you play, there will always be players that have had x-number of years more experience than you.
    How do you think they managed when they first started to play? yes, they were in the same boat back then that you are in now.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    It doesn't matter what online game you play, there will always be players that have had x-number of years more experience than you.
    How do you think they managed when they first started to play? yes, they were in the same boat back then that you are in now.
    +1

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    But they did not have people with a man o war while they were sailing in a sloop.

I am just saying there's a huge difference not that anything's wrong.

On other online games everybody has a chance of having the same stuff no matter how long they play. It's just that the ones that play longer have more experience and money etc

Also, everywhere else there's the same chance of leveling up no matter when you started.
    Last edited by Kozlic; 19.05.16 at 08:38.

World
    Newfoundland
    in September it'll be 3 years since I'm here and yes I have lots of manors and towers, but that's just because I spent most of the time here, lol
    if I wouldn't have build up the economy that's doing surplus - which I'm using to get event resources, I would also be complaining about not having 4 or 5 mmas and 25k pop
    it's also very important do many (reasonable) adventures and you can't forget about trading

and to drop rate: I hear all the time people complaining about, but the answer is simple. if you don't play RB, you can't get a WT and with playing I mean 5-10 RBs daily and swapping both spots in most cases. sometimes 400 are empty, but then you get 5 in 1 week
    BB almost killed my guild, but if you wanna join:

Newfoundland
    Green Thumb Crew [R-RZ]

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...rew-Recriuting

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    My thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by Kozlic View Post
    On other online games everybody has a chance of having the same stuff no matter how long they play. It's just that the ones that play longer have more experience and money etc
    Yes, it's called cash shop most of the time. If you don't want to use that, you have to grind the same as they did, which is no different than this game. In my opinion, I think it's better that BB has a limit on the generals you can buy with gems, it makes people actually participate in events and share their experience on how to get them. I'm sure you've seen that while getting your own generals. I focus on generals, since that's what you referred to as well, but it's exactly the same for almost all the buildings you see, with the only exception being the gem pits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozlic View Post
    Also, everywhere else there's the same chance of leveling up no matter when you started.
    Personally, I've never seen any level restrictions in this game, unless you mean something else? The rate at which you gain levels depends only on how many adventures you do. Now, you don't have 4 MMAs, ok, try to find a different guide, tweak the attacks so you don't have that many losses, suicide your MMA a couple of times, etc. There are many things you can do to get past that. If the time they spend injured bothers you, you can always find Medipacks in Trade Office (which I never found necessary, but anyway).

Limiting the amount of generals you can have of some type would only draw people away from events, and if you want to catch up it's the number one thing you don't want. Also think of all the players that aren't lvl 55 yet and don't have 2 MMAs. The vast majority of the people that got MMAs on the last event got them with the help of higher level players, otherwise they wouldn't stand a chance.

Population buildings, i'm sorry, but that depends on how you run your economy. I don't know about Newfoundland, but on Northisle you can find Noble residence deeds for sale in the Trade Office every single day. It shouldn't be a problem for you to buy, say once a week, at your level. Also, all high level people in my guild use tons of bread to replenish their population, which I am sure you do as well, so I don't really really see a problem with population.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    When I first started playing the game there were no mma's so I think it was probably more difficult back then

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by fishybreath View Post
    When I first started playing the game there were no mma's so I think it was probably more difficult back then
    Agreed, I remember back in the days before even Veteran Generals.
    brumpunk

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Why do you even want to pace fast thru the game, i did reach lvl 50 and was stuck there for a very long time, did only log in daily and played only thru events until they raised the lvl cap, i know it will take extremely long time to max xp @ LVL 75. but the game content are not that exiting in these high levels yet.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I've been playing 6 months, only just reached Level 50 yesterday.. cleared the first sector of the new islands.. but have no stalks to claim it.

Such is the way of life.. I'd love to have 8500 stalks to progress to the next sector... which looks much harder... Yay??!!!?

But unless I get lucky in a trade that wont happen for awhile, but you cant expect everything to happen as soon as you want it to lol.

My population is just on 8K.. I'd love it to be 25K (really love it lol).

But the challenge of the game is to achieve things, milestones.. and I dont begrudge the players that have been here forever.. they should have more stuff, they have been here longer.. you shouldnt be able to pop into the shop and just catch up.. it sort of defeats the purpose of having you hang around and work for it

I played Settlers the offline versions many years ago.. so I was overjoyed to find the online version.

Some of the members of my guild have 5 mma, 5 vets, Santa and grim reaper generals that I dont have... I will always be eternally jealous... but if I stick around long enough. which I intend to do.. hopefully I can get some of those things to.. for now I will be content with the two mma's and two vets that I do have

Reply to Thread