Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffs not Sticking

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

Buffs not Sticking

Recently special buffs are not "sticking". When friends place special buffs, they work for a few seconds and then disappear. These episodes have been increasing in the past 10 days or so. It never happened to me before though I have guild buddies who have mentioned it occuring from time to time. In the past few days I've lost 5 specials to this bug. Very annoying, especially when using special and rare buffs. All the members of my guild have noticed this happening more often in the past week or so.

Moved to appropriate thread
    Last edited by MOD_Houri3; 19.05.16 at 06:32.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Urgh123 and Xibor for your input. However, I can confirm this, in my case:

- New Collies quest message did not pupup when the Snack was placed
    - It was the very first buff placed by my guild buddy as it was the only special I requested. All the others were steaks (54). Each and every one of those stuck. I then proceeded to buff my friend (90 steaks) and no issues there either.
    - Obviously, my guild friend is not on the same wireless connection as I - we live in 2 different countries.
    - We are always both online when buffing each other in our Guild, as it is by request.

It doesn't seem to matter when they're placed. I can confirm that the Gold Fever I lost was also the first buff placed as I was doing my Gold chain and my friend buffed the mine first. So, it wasn't even a matter of placing too fast as BB has suggested in another post.

Input referred to is here and here.
    Last edited by MOD_Houri3; 19.05.16 at 06:32.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamroque View Post
    Thanks Urgh123 and Xibor for your input. However, I can confirm this, in my case:

- New Collies quest message did not pupup when the Snack was placed
    - It was the very first buff placed by my guild buddy as it was the only special I requested. All the others were steaks (54). Each and every one of those stuck. I then proceeded to buff my friend (90 steaks) and no issues there either.
    - Obviously, my guild friend is not on the same wireless connection as I - we live in 2 different countries.
    - We are always both online when buffing each other in our Guild, as it is by request.

It doesn't seem to matter when they're placed. I can confirm that the Gold Fever I lost was also the first buff placed as I was doing my Gold chain and my friend buffed the mine first. So, it wasn't even a matter of placing too fast as BB has suggested in another post.
    My husband and I buff each other in the same way as Xibor and his wife; normally with steaks and very rarely we have noticed a building running unbuffed but tended to put it down to user error; however on one occasion I had used a stadium snack on one of his buildings which did definitely disappear; and it was as with Shamroque the first buff applied. The buff went off as he waited to see it go off before re-activating his building, I then proceeded to buff the rest of his world (75ish steaks). 10 minutes later he noticed the building with the snack was no longer running buffed. Normally when we use one of the 'special' buffs it is not as part of our routine buffing but by special request and we have not seen any of these disappear. I can also confirm that the new collectibles quest message did not pop-up when the snack was placed.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I have the problem of buffs not sticking too, it doesn't seem to happen with normal buffs - but it happens to me 2 or 3 times a week with special buffs.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yep. Just happened again. Exotic basket, placed on titanium smelter by a guild friend. I saw it buffed for all of maybe 5 seconds and then it disappeared. Again, no collie respawn. No action going on on my island, first and only buff placed. It's safe to say this is happening every 2 or 3 specials I ask to place. I am self buffing with specials now because that seems to be the only safe way.

World
    Sandycove
    I probably had the worst `non sticking buff' day so far on my self buffing buildings, all done with feasts, and there were several `holes in the pattern' today. Even when applying some yesterday it took two attempts on some, and not sure if it deducted the feast from the total or not the first time. I am also suspicious that some of my friends buff are not sticking either as the number of buildings showing buffed status looks far less than the mails I have to cancel....I'm going to start counting them now.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I have just had a buff fail to stick. I asked a fellow guildie to drop a fever on my special gold mine for a crisis quest. The mine had been sleeping with a few seconds remaining to the end of the production cycle. I awoke the mine after it had been buffed, the buff vanished at the end of the cycle it had been paused at. He tried buffing me again with no result, another guildie however was able to drop a second buff on me which has stuck.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    I hope BB can figure this out - observation doesn't seem to get anywhere. From what I've read the problem doesn't have a pattern - some players who don't have the problem are doing exactly what players that do have the problem are doing. Very frustrating, and I assume equally as hard to debug...
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Grrr Happened again last night, just when I finally got them all at the right time. Two steaks on copper swords smiths took two attempts to stick, not a problem I was in double checking mode so caught them. Logged in today with 1d 6hrs running on all buffed buildings EXCEPT one of the sword smiths, not one of the previous two mentioned, another one, not buffed! grrr and double grrr
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Master of Strategy
    World
    Sandycove
    It seems that there are two distinct issues with building buffs that are being reported. One is "Buffs not remaining for the correct length of time" or "ending early".
    The other is "buffs not sticking" - ie disappearing as soon as placed.
    I'm going to try to keep the two seperate, with the first in the linked thread, and the second here

Reply to Thread