Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Crisis Quest: A Great Evil

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    As is typical of these sorts of events, the overall design simply hasn't been thought through. Nobody has sat back and looked at the project as a whole.

For example, what is the point of having a quest that rewards you with 400 granite only to have a later quest where you have to pay 3000 granite? It just makes the quest and rewards utterly pointless. Things like this make the whole event into a mindless: "oh, I have to pay/build/do this now, click tick, next?".

There's no sense of fun. There's no sense of rising achievements/difficulty. There's no design plan.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Reading this feedback, it strikes me how much it belongs in the dedicated feedback thread.
    Merging.
    Please don't open additional threads if one is already active on the same topic.

Thank you all for your comments and for delivering them in a constructive and civil manner.

Hi Ravel,

I have replied to this thread when announced AND submitted a ticket addressed to YOU about the short notice of launching this even but so far without any response.

I have completed my event chain by postponing my planned Barrack upgrades (normal+elite) one week.

Players could have initiated i.e. Provision House upgrade to level 5 or 6 just before you announced the event and would then be totally lost if not spending gems, not fair play by BB in my opinion and hope you will give at least 10 days notice before launching next crisis event.

I found the event pretty boring compared with previous ones as most was produce, produce, produce...

regards
    kke2100

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by kke2100 View Post
    Hi Ravel,

I have replied to this thread when announced AND submitted a ticket addressed to YOU about the short notice of launching this even but so far without any response.

I have completed my event chain by postponing my planned Barrack upgrades (normal+elite) one week.

Players could have initiated i.e. Provision House upgrade to level 5 or 6 just before you announced the event and would then be totally lost if not spending gems, not fair play by BB in my opinion and hope you will give at least 10 days notice before launching next crisis event.

I found the event pretty boring compared with previous ones as most was produce, produce, produce...

regards
    kke2100
    This is my first one, but I kind of get the impression that a crisis quest is kind of a surprise.... like you might find yourself in a ... um ... crisis?

How bad would it have been - really - if you were forced to miss it because of buildings, or on holiday, or sick? I have a new building now and some gems but there was a cost for those, and it's not a game changer.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Previous Crisis Quests lasted 2-3 weeks (3Y ago so don't remember exactly) so a one week upgrade would interfere less back then...
    What my concerns are all about.

In general I like the concept of Crisis Quests

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cully View Post
    Skimmed most comments because as per usual it's moans. This is a 'challenge' - the very word suggest that it's not supposed to be easy. I'm level 46 - 750 exotic planks! Well I'll come back tomorrow when they're done. My life won't stop because of it.

The rewards - I actually have no idea what i'm getting at the end of the quest. I just enjoy the challenge of getting it and the fact that it breaks up the usual build fields, find mines that goes with the daily routine. That in itself counts for something.

And while everyone is harping on about the buildings we get at the end - what about all the xp, gems and other rewards we get for completing different parts of the quest? I just got gems so I'm not complaining about them. And as for complaints that it uses resources - well make some more! That's the point of the game. It's not my actual money or resources I'm using. It's pretend resources and money so it's no great loss to me overall.

Little frustrated at the making 750 exotic planks but I'll just do my best when I get the rest of the challenges.

If you don't like the quest - don't do it. simple. If it's so bad that you have to moan - why are you doing it?
    Exactly !
    Well said.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Let me thank u all for helping us with
    Tasks and Loot of the Crisis Event 2016
    without your help we cant accomplished this so fast

kind regards

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by kke2100 View Post
    Hi Ravel,

regards
    kke2100
    I read forum replies and, rest assured, your feedback is being passed on.
    No need for a ticket next time, forum will do, as I am not the one gathering ticket feedback and answering the tickets on that topic.
    Please note that you should have received a reply (3 hours later) so you might want to check your spam/junk folders to ensure future support emails don't end up there.

Thank you for your feedback!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Crisis quest eh? Well to be honest it was boring, just need to buff the right production chain and wait a bunch of hours, there was nothing active you needed to do aside from 2 adventures, Epic and Resource, far too easy this whole Crisis Quest was.

There was simply no challenge, really disappointing, gems and star coins were nice, deerstalker was Meh though, we just got those from X-Mas event, and Deerstalkers are slower to produce Meat than hunters as well, you could have picked something better.

Also why not a special decoration/achievement for completing the Crisis Quest? Something unique only to those who completed it, that's what other 'MMO' games do to make their players a little more eager.

NikoDrynn
    To me the costs vs rewards for the final item in my case a tree nursery was disappointing. They should have swapped the granite pit/tree nursery with the lower levels and given the silo/watermill rewards to the middle range level brackets. As I understand you even needed to pay 3000 granite for the granite pit reward? What a joke haha – I thought the tree nursery was bad, but that’s just an insult hehe. Imo, the rewards should have been as follows:

16 – 25 lvl: Tree Nursery
    26 – 35 lvl: Granite Pit
    36 – 45 lvl: Watermill
    46 – 50 lvl: Silo
    51 – 65 lvl: Deer Stalker Hut
    66 – 75 lvl: Improved Silo

Other than that, not bad
    ND

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    O k BB got our feedback on this.And reward still same for 36-50 lev.Im not giving 3k granite on end.Quest still not done.Why we paying 3k granite for granite pit like next chain ?They paying same 3k and getting perm bldg.Wish i can swap this granite pit for imp farm or deer.So im not only player who is not happy about final reward.Btw the rest of rewards are good,exp,gems,tit,some granite,exo planks.Good job on those but final reward is not good and not fair to players lev 36-50.

Reply to Thread