Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to use Exotic Wood Tree Nursery ?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

How to use Exotic Wood Tree Nursery ?

How do I use Exotic Wood Tree Nursery ???
    Once I deploy it on my island who is going to cut it and then make Exotic Wood from it ?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    You just place it somewhere on your island and it produces exotic wood. It doesn't get it from a deposit, like the pinewood and hardwood woodcutters, nor like the exotic wood cutter, but it's a deposit by itself, and it collects itself. Be careful where you place it though, since once placed, it cannot be moved.

For a more detailed overview, check this Dev Diary.
    Come join HOWL one of the best guilds in Northisle. Don't be scared, we don't bite (much)!

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    It's about the worst reward out there for an event. I am sorry to hear you have one.

It cant be moved, it is destroyed when you remove it, it cant easily be refilled, it returns wood so slowly as to be insignificant, and no one even wants the wood anyway because of its over abundance.
    In short this is what we like to call a lose, lose, lose, lose, lose item.

Once placed on your island it will probably spend its life zzzzzzz until you delete it to make space.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Ya, actually I have this same conclusion. I would be much much happier to get gems instead of this building.
    One another question is how to refill it? You mentioned it is not easy...

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by czezz View Post
    Ya, actually I have this same conclusion. I would be much much happier to get gems instead of this building.
    One another question is how to refill it? You mentioned it is not easy...
    You need "fill any deposit" refills. Which are expensive, in gems or from TO. Since exotic wood isn't as scarce you'll spend more refilling th enursery that it will rpovide. Also the nursery (like the pit) uses up 3 deposit for each log so any refill is only 1/3 as effective it is on other deposits.

World
    Sandycove
    I have the exotic wood forest and I put it near my exotic wood cutter, I thought he cut it, I didn't know it cut itself, The exotic wood is used in some of the upgrades of buildings, I can't remember which building I upgraded with it, but it took a lot of planks. The only thing going for it is it has pretty coloured trees. So I shall wait till it runs out of trees and put a granite mine in it's place when I have the Gems.
    As you say exotic wood is readily available to buy via trade, I too would have preferred Gems, I buy Gems only when they are on special offer.

Wakky
    dont buy granite pit - it is as bad as exotic wood nursery - it is much cheaper to buy granite in TO.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Here is a list of my useless buildings in star menu:

http://s33.postimg.org/6jynutqun/useless.png

I am more happy from getting additional gems from each quest than from this Exotic Tree. Would be happier to be able to exchange it into gems

World
    Sandycove
    I think we are all addicted to Gems, I noticed a Gem mine on one of my friend's island, I wonder if that makes Gems very slowly, they cost 20,000 Gems to buy, I could never save that many Gems to buy one. I spend my Gems very quickly, I only buy them when we get special deals, we just had one Bank Holiday and those Gems I bought already gone.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by czezz View Post
    u did get gems

Reply to Thread