Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New players leaving

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JustasV View Post
    I think Ksinori will show you that you can reach lvl75 per 1-1,5 year so its like on all games if you want to reach something like that you have to play alot. So dont think that you can reach lvl 75 by chating.
    Whether or not a single person can reach max lvl in a certain amount of time is irrelevant. What is relevant is, considering the conditions on a particular server, how many people can do it, and if you factor in the fact that you need plenty of very specific adventures, buffs and interaction with other players, the answer is : not many.

Certainly not the new ones that have no comfort of owning 100 frozen manors, 5 MMAs etc. and are already a couple years behind when it comes to building up the infrastructure

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Having or not having a lot of Frozen manors is a non argument, with the current availability of pop buildings the way to go is the Magnificent Residence. As for the argument of not having taken years to get where we are with our infrastructure their is no fast track, they have to put in the time and effort like we did. If they don't like it then then please close the door on your way out.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I've followed this post since it started, and I honestly didn't think people would feel they need weapon drops to play, and it's certainly not something that will make them stay. The feeling I get from new players (not that I'm an old player, mind you, just new compared to me) is that they want to get things done faster, which is exactly what this game is NOT about. It's just their not kind of game, and as several people have already said, they're free to leave whenever they want.
    Come join HOWL one of the best guilds in Northisle. Don't be scared, we don't bite (much)!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Curufindul View Post
    I've followed this post since it started, and I honestly didn't think people would feel they need weapon drops to play, and it's certainly not something that will make them stay. The feeling I get from new players (not that I'm an old player, mind you, just new compared to me) is that they want to get things done faster, which is exactly what this game is NOT about. It's just their not kind of game, and as several people have already said, they're free to leave whenever they want.
    Totaly agree this game is for those who dont like speedy games or at least tired of it. Its good relaxing game now when we can make 3day buffs its really awesome.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    FTP = Fun to Play? And now it's not as much as it was?
    F2P = free to play

To put it in context, without premium you are talking about grinding the equivalent of 40,000 BK or 13,000 vlt. Even if they gave you as much space again as you have now you would still fill it with stuff long before you reach the end.

Another example would be I pretty much do the same adventures at the same time on 2 servers, Bluesavanah has 90 million xp my character on northisle has 42 million, the single drops on mini quests and missing the extra 50% xp is killing me on northisle.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 03.06.16 at 04:13.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I know many people that quit around level 30-35. Including myself. We came back later one after a year or so...I was lucky enough to find one of the old friends who helped me get back on my feet. Why I quit? Precisely because I had to start adventuring and had no means to do so.

So your suggestion to get weapons in loot up to level 35...yeah could make sense. But like others said...level 36 would be a huge shock then. Maybe just introduce weapon maker buffs for players under level 35? like x5 for 12 hours or something. To speed things up a bit.

Sadly, most gamers nowadays want to finish the game in 2 weeks and this is the biggest reason for them quitting. TSO is not such a game and I like it just because of that. But you wouldn't believe how many times I got "**** you this game is ****" when explaining to people that no, they cannot attack other players or do every adventure in 15 minutes or do fairytales at level 24.
    Last edited by Kozlic; 03.06.16 at 12:02.

Reply to Thread