Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 07/06/2016

World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Change Log - 07/06/2016

The Change Log for this feedback thread can be found here.

Thank you!
    BB_Ravel

World
    Sandycove
    great news on the edit for "Requirements for "A Gift for a King (Part 3)" have been changed to "Own 50 Knights." that will kill that quest for me ty

I'll wait to comment on the GQ rebalancing as and when it hits us, but good to see things are moving forward

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Many thanks for responding to players requests and moving the guild quest reset to a more sensible time. One question, on the day that the time changes will we have half a day to do the current guild quest or 1.5 days? Semi assuming half a day (time from reset to maintenance) as the quests are changing. Small thing but wondered.

Will wait and see what the new quests involve before responding re the content.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 30.05.16 at 16:28.

World
    Sandycove
    Looking forward to the guild quest changes that will make the ones that were nearly (or completely) impossible more realistic. Also looking forward to the summer event - if what is on the Wiki is a fair reflection it will be a format I haven't seen before and very interesting & fun.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Many thanks for responding to players requests and moving the guild quest reset to a more sensible time. One question, on the day that the time changes will we have half a day to do the current guild quest or 1.5 days? Semi assuming half a day (time from reset to maintenance) as the quests are changing. Small thing but wondered.
    The Guild Quest started before the Game Update on the 7th can only be completed within a 12 hour time span (less if you count the downtime).
    Because of the new trigger deployed within this version, a new Guild Quest becomes available at 13.00 BST.
    This info will be included in the Game Update announcement.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    The Guild Quest started before the Game Update on the 7th can only be completed within a 12 hour time span (less if you count the downtime).
    Because of the new trigger deployed within this version, a new Guild Quest becomes available at 13.00 BST.
    This info will be included in the Game Update announcement.
    Cheers, assumed that would be the case as some of us would be on the older quests.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Personally I think changing the GQ to 12noon is a bit silly. On a predomnantly european server this is right slp bang in the middle of the working day. Production quests as they stand can be difficult at best if a player cannot log on until the evening. By moving the change time to noon these quests are likely to become nigh on impossible to complete even with higher level production buildings in place.

Even with other guild members starting production off by visiting other members islands, this only works if the production buildings are not sleeping.

Would it not be more sensible to change the time to around 8pm GMT thus allowing players to return from work and settle for the evening, set production off and allow completion by 8pm the following day? This eliminates the problem of having overnight changes when players are generally asleep and the issue with BST coming into play making them even later through the night.

At the same time it would allow regular daily players the possibility of completing quests rather than potentially causing conflict within guilds through non completion which under the new system disadvantages all members due to the ratios. By giving a mid evening changeover it is more likely that players will enjoy the game and not feel pressured.

Being in a guild is, in my opinion, an important support network and the potential harm this could do is worrying.

World
    Newfoundland
    12:00 noon is not a sensible quest changeover time for me, and I suspect not for a great many others on this server (Newfoundland). Not everybody is able to log on during the working day. I am able to log on twice a day: 07:00-08:00 before work then from 18:00-whenever, possibly 23:59, giving me up to 17 hours to complete the guild quest. With a 12:00 noon change time that reduces me to 14 hours (18:00-08:00) in which to complete the quest.

There is never going to be a time that suits everybody, but for me and my guild I think 20:00 would be more likely to give the majority of players the full 24 hours to complete their quests.

The ideal would be for guild leaders to choose the guild quest changeover time for their guilds to one that suits their membership the best.
    There are other things that would make guild quests more achievable for players though:
    Production counts should start when the quest comes into force, not wait for the player to log on
    Having the next quest show as waiting so that production could be set up ready for when the quest starts
    An auto-complete option for the quests

These things all require some dev time though, so perhaps we could have a per-server community vote on the time of the gq changeover?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Before we start moaning about a midday start to the guild quests can we at least have the decency to find out by how much the lengthy guild quests have been changed first.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Before we start moaning about a midday start to the guild quests can we at least have the decency to find out by how much the lengthy guild quests have been changed first.

This is a feedback thread. That's what it's for and that's what people are doing here. I don't see any moaning.

Reply to Thread