Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 07/06/2016

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can you add a "confirm send general to star menu" window after clicking on the "send general to star menu" button at some point? Makes for less of a nuisance when clicking on the wrong button.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm all for the change in GQ start time as being 12h out from GMT, it currently starts at midday. Hopefully it'll give me more chance to complete.
    What would be handy is an auto-complete option, so if you are offline, but have produced whatever, it will complete for you so those that are asleep or at work will still have a chance at completing.
    The other thing I'd like to see is a variation in the timings of the update as currently they are from when I get home to when I go to bed, so I miss a whole days playing time which means I miss out on even attempting the GQ unless it is something simple like own 200 recruits. They should alter the time by 6 hours each update so that we all miss out 1 in 4 times rather than some of us missing out every time.
    Last edited by Nibber; 07.06.16 at 06:36.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibber View Post
    I'm all for the change in GQ start time as being 12h out from GMT, it currently starts at midday. Hopefully it'll give me more chance to complete.
    What would be handy is an auto-complete option, so if you are offline, but have produced whatever, it will complete for you so those that are asleep or at work will still have a chance at completing.
    The other thing I'd like to see is a variation in the timings of the update as currently they are from when I get home to when I go to bed, so I miss a whole days playing time which means I miss out on even attempting the GQ unless it is something simple like own 200 recruits. They should alter the time by 6 hours each update so that we all miss out 1 in 4 times rather than some of us missing out every time.
    Any fixed time is going to affect someone - currently the timing is perfect for me... if it's moved, it will make it harder for me. But that's the way things go. I think it's an interesting idea to move the time - perhaps 26 hours to complete instead of 24? That way everyone will get some better times and some worse times. That sounds like spreading out the issue nicely.
    Last edited by Xibor; 07.06.16 at 19:39. Reason: Changed 18 to 26 and 12 to 24 because I can't tell time
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not everyone only plays in the evening of GMT. Lots of Aussie here as well who would not appreciate guild quest time starting just after they go to sleep. Imagine if they only play in the evening, they would get 4 hours to finish it :P One has to accept there is no perfect time for everyone.

BB could continue to shift the times around to give everyone a chance at an optimal window. For me, the old time was best as I would be on just before and after it ticks over giving me a full 24 hour But I won't complain about changing it to whatever, I'll just adjust my strategy accordingly.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Maybe they could make GQ last 28h instead, so we all get 6 quests a week with a slightly different time each day.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think GQs would be far fairer if production counted from when they were supposed to start, auto completed once all conditions met and you could pay resources (to meet all conditions) at any stage. Eliminates just about all the fairness issues.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Autostart and Autofinish, with maybe also a fore-knowledge of the next days quest (so you can turn production on prior to the quest start time) is probably the only way to even the thing out.

World
    Newfoundland
    The pre-event conversion script ran today:
    • Remaining items "Twister" and "Corner" were converted to the new tactical resource "Training Dummy".
    • Left-over "Bicycle Kick" and "Corner Ball" items were removed and compensated for with the new "Feint" Tactical Item.

Since the normal conversion template was used, the in-game text received alongside the resources is a bit confusing, as it refers to gold coins, but the resources received are correct.

All the event resources will become visible once the event is activated (14th of June).

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I was thinking about Guild Quests over the weekend and wondered why it was not possible for guild members to receive notice of quests a few days in advance. Many of the objections to timing of quest changes (especially production tasks) could be solved by knowing in advance what tomorrow's quest would be. This would give time to prepare buffs as needed or even new work-houses. Just a thought

Mike

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    2 things i would like to share:
    - the move to 1PM BST is rubbish to start with. every game in the history has a reset during the night. if some odd scheduled people cannot coop with this they shouldn't be playing the EU server but an alternative like US or APJ server to suite their life ritme.
    like PaulG, my day starts at 6 am like most adults and go to bed around 11 pm. during work i won't be playing. thus completing an extensive task at 6 or 8pm in the evening makes it impossible to complete (adventure or something else you would need follow ups) Production is ok cause you can collect in the morning instead.
    - a MOD tells me there was a forum post / poll where the "majority of players are the demanding part". 1 i cannot remember any poll of this subject and 2 i cannot find any forums discussing this with votes or whatsoever. so i wonder where BB is getting these conclusion that 1PM BST is "better" for the majority (where i believe it ll be minority)
    thanks & good bye.
    (upset)

Please keep your comments Pegi-7
    Last edited by MOD_Dryad; 07.06.16 at 12:49.

Reply to Thread