Reply to Thread

Thread: buying loot spots

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

buying loot spots

I brought a loot spot today and the owner of the adventure sent the final attack before i'd even appeared on the map. While i was able to make a kill before the castle went down (it was a Black Knight ls) i was left feeling out raged by his impatience, so many little things could have happened to stop me being at his adventure on the exact second of my arrival.
    While i know you can make a kill after the Castle goes down- i'm never sure how long the adventure will allow you to do this before it automatically boots you home. I have a life I don't set alarm to make sure i'm at the adventure when i land!!
    I love this game, most of its players are helpful and considerate please don't every let this become common practise on Northisle.
    Has this happened to anyone else recently?

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you feel you have been treated unfairly by another player, you are welcome to contact Support. More information on this thread:

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...Trade-Scammers

Please include printscreens and any other relevant information, if possible.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Well that escalated quickly.

Dryad, wouldn't Support just reply something like... "Since you got the loot you paid for what exactly do you want us to do? P.S. BB don't support lootspots."

Seems like this more a player to player communication and etiquette issue.

I'm primarily on Sandycove but the hyper "finishfinishfinish!" attitude can crop up anywhere. Sometimes it's just general raging hyperness, which is far and away the hardest to tolerate no matter if it comes from the buyer or seller, and sometimes there's a reasonable reason for it.

ccborg, did you talk to the other player at all? If you accepted the invite promptly and sailed when the adventure opened for you but it turned out they were running out of Premium time or hadn't realised they were due to pick up Aunt Harriet at the airport or didn't know leaving only the one-click to complete can be chancy it might help explain things. It may even be possible they were nervous about making you wait if they took too long to finish and the one-click option seemed like a very good way to avoid that. Difficult to know without being there.

It's not uncommon to handle Black Knights the way you describe when one is playing with friends, it can actually be a little easier on everyone and usually works just fine even with hours between the castle falling and the final click, but with purchased lootspots it can be risky since there is always the chance of a misclick on the "Complete" arrow or a hiccup in the game suddenly and magically finishing the adv.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 04.06.16 at 13:12.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Dryad, wouldn't Support just reply something like... "Since you got the loot you paid for what exactly do you want us to do? P.S. BB don't support lootspots."
    Actually, no. Support take a very dim view of scamming which was the possibility I referred to when I said "If you feel you have been treated unfairly by another player...". Support can and do take action when these cases are reported.

If the situation is as you suggest and a result of mis-communication then you would be correct to say that support would not get involved.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Considering this bit:

Quote Originally Posted by ccborg View Post
    I brought a loot spot today and the owner of the adventure sent the final attack before i'd even appeared on the map. While i was able to make a kill before the castle went down (it was a Black Knight ls)
    "Scam" seems a little hasty.

World
    Newfoundland
    It doesn't mean it wasn't an attempt at a scam. If this was the case, such information would be very useful in a Support investigation, if one were already ongoing. It also would be in the player's best interest to report it, if he felt he was unfairly treated.

Either way, that link may help the OP or other players who might find themselves in a similar situation. I post my replies on the forum with assistance/advice in mind.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you search the forum for "lootspot etiquette" you will find a great, helpful post.
    Most problems do go away if you talk to one another about what you are doing/intending to do.

Reply to Thread