Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: [Feedback] European Football Prediction Competition 2016

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    As there are no replays in the knockout phase of this tournament, a match is not considered complete until there is a result for one team or the other; penalties are therefore part of the same match with regards to results.
    All football matches are determined on a result at 90 mins and in Portugal case the result was a draw.

I have just reread the rules on participation and you even use an example of the France match as a draw.

Seems once again BB just change the rules and award a prize for those guessing an incorrect result.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    How about you'd atleast make sure you check correct result?
    After full time, there was no winner between Poland and Portugal.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...oland-Portugal
    I know how the tournament is working. I also know what common rules says in other "football prediction competitons".

Of course you may choose whatever rules you like for your own competition, BUT then you should make them clear.

Despite people have been guessing "draw" in every match, you just let it be..

Sorry, but you've failed.
    i see why your upset as you said Draw here and
    others said it Here
    Here
    Here
    and Here

So i would have assumed it would been out of those posts that would win if the match was a draw.

World
    Sandycove
    I found a page (Poland vs Portugal) that very clearly shows the final score at end of normal play was tied but (and this is from the official UEFA site) that "Portugal Wins on Penalties". That means to me Portugal won.

The contest was about picking the correct winner. So I don't see this as complicated. I found the guess for that match by one of the winners of the Settlers contest and they said Portugal wins.

I didn't know anything about the UEFA rules and couldn't find a simple summary so I didn't know that during the last matches a draw was not possible but that is my own ignorance. BB isn't responsible for reviewing the posts and pointing out 'oddities'. I checked the rules again and they make it clear that if the entry isn't valid it's not eligible. Lets say that in the Poland-Portugal link I typed "Wales". Should they contact me and tell me? I think not - that's just my bad.

So I think as I said it's very simple. The official published sports record books will show for all time that Portugal beat Poland. Anyone that picked Portugal was in. Anyone that didn't was not.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Northisle
    A good few thousand entries to the various football competition threads would suggest otherwise.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsh View Post
    A good few thousand entries to the various football competition threads would suggest otherwise.
    A conversation of just a few posts, shouldn't be that hard to follow..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post

The contest was about picking the correct winner. So I don't see this as complicated. I found the guess for that match by one of the winners of the Settlers contest and they said Portugal wins.

I didn't know anything about the UEFA rules and couldn't find a simple summary so I didn't know that during the last matches a draw was not possible but that is my own ignorance. BB isn't responsible for reviewing the posts and pointing out 'oddities'. I checked the rules again and they make it clear that if the entry isn't valid it's not eligible. Lets say that in the Poland-Portugal link I typed "Wales". Should they contact me and tell me? I think not - that's just my bad.

Please, re-read my post..
    Spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    As there are no replays in the knockout phase of this tournament, a match is not considered complete until there is a result for one team or the other; penalties are therefore part of the same match with regards to results.
    I know how the tournament is working. I also know what common rules says in other "football prediction competitons".

Of course you may choose whatever rules you like for your own competition, BUT then you should make them clear.

Despite people have been guessing "draw" in every match, you just let it be..

Don't you think Ravel's reply there (to me) should have been stated ASAP? There were 3 matches already played before Poland-Portugal in "the knockout phase of this tournament"; and in all of them, people had guessed draw.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Final Matches must have no draws, many players understand this, for another players they think that if original time ended with draw then its a draw, but it make no sense, the final result must be win or lose so, it is make sense if just who win at the end of game.

As example, when you made your prediction for final winner, is it make sense to say Final winner is no one its a "draw"?

I agree that maybe would be better if BB provided players with the available choices at first so players just select one of 3 in first matches, 1 of 2 in final matches.
    But still, I think most of players (as you see from most of replies) understand that you have to post your result as the final result for match.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I found a page (Poland vs Portugal) that very clearly shows the final score at end of normal play was tied but (and this is from the official UEFA site) that "Portugal Wins on Penalties". That means to me Portugal won.
    It actually means that Portugal Drew but progressed to the next round on penalties.

The problem here is not the result but the markets offered on results (with no notification from Bb that the markets would change after the group stages)

If you follow football or just know a bit about it then you would assume without some form of notification in the rules that its the normal markets Home win, draw or away win and as you could choose in the groups draw, then most football fans go on that, and as such you are aware that extra time and pens do not count as a official football result and are used to determine progression in a competition. The reason they use penalties is because a football match result is recorded after 90 minutes for the official fifa world rankings and in this questioned match the official ranking and result is a draw.

It would have been so simple to put something along the lines of in the rules of entry

"After the group stages in the competition the winner will be determined on Progression and not the 90 minute result so please predict a win only format for your chosen team selection"

BB has now called a result but once again it another event that ends ambiguous at least this time players didn't get 4 to 10 ginger bread houses or loads improved stores.

Personally I enjoyed the event as a whole and the predictions was separate to the main event and added something extra, I just hope next time BB make it more clear before NOT after an event.

World
    Newfoundland
    The last 2 Match Days have been posted.

Good luck with your predictions!

World
    Newfoundland
    Been following the professional football scene for almost 30 years and a draw result after 90 minutes has ALWAYS been the official result, no matter what tournament. This is the official rules of UEFA and FIFA and if you make a bet on whatever betting site it's the same.

I understand that people are upset.
    Last edited by Nihilista; 05.07.16 at 14:44.

Reply to Thread