Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Firefox 47

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Flash bug in Firefox

Recently I've come across a bug/problem with the settlers.

When I load the game I can't click anywhere. Right-clicking also doesn't show the flash menu but the regular rightclick menu in firefox.

I'm able to temporarily fix it by reinstalling flash (on top of the current installation).

I only have this problem with the settlers. Any ideas?

I've tried:
    - Reinstalling Firefox.
    - Reinstalling Flash (temporary fix until reboot or random when reopening firefox).
    - Clearing cache & cookies.
    - Trying a different user profile (somehow this keeps me from logging in, the settlers animation just keeps playing without logging in ).

Windows 10 64bit, Firefox 47 64 bit, Flash Player 22.0.0.192

I'm not the only one: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...it-won-t-clear but that thread is old.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    no idea on fixing that, but perhaps try the game client or a different web browser such as Chrome.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    It works in Edge. But I want to use my own browser.

I wasn't on my PC all day but I always keep it on. Just tried to play and same thing. No reboot or anything. Off to reinstall flash and restart firefox again. *sigh*

Effellump
    Go back a version.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Of firefox or flash player?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    See also: Problem with Firefox 47 wherein Yoda_2012 is quite sane.

Consensus across worlds seems to be that changing the Firefox setting from 64 bit to 32 bit is a simple and reliable fix, and going back to FF 46 (if you can stop it auto-updating to 47 again) also has good reports.

NB That's an entirely non-techie translation of info posted by more technologically advanced people so by all means correct it if it's hinky.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Just tried it. No problem in firefox 46.

47 again. Broken. Ugh.

I rather keep my browser updated. Guess I could use the 32bit version for now.

I shall complain to the mozilla overlords.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Firefox, can't take input

I have the same issue with the standalone client as mentioned in http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...am-not-working and the fix suggested there did not help me, it still shows the VLC icon when started.

In Firefox I can load up the game, but it can't take input. That is, the mouse does not react with the game, buttons can't be clicked. When right clicked it opens the right click menu of the browser, not the right click menu of Flash. It's like there's a layer on top of the game that prevents me from interacting with it.

I can still load the game in Chrome, but it's a bit unstable and the Flash plugin crashes often.

Specs:
    Windows 7 64 bit, Firefox 47.0.1.

Edit: It seems IE will run the game fine. Still a bit odd with Firefox and the standalone game, they worked a few days ago.
    Last edited by Shorttail; 06.07.16 at 12:41.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Strange. I've been using FireFox version 3.6.22 with Settlers Online for over 4 years now and it's worked like a charm.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I have found a workaround. If I every time I start the game go to inspect elements (F12) and there selects the div-tag "gameContainer" and disables "pointer-events: none;". Now mouse-events are getting through to flash but the game feels very slow, specially when scrolling.

Reply to Thread