Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: [Feedback] Summer Football Event 2016

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Woohoo Yipee fandabidozy..!!!!! 21 days of opening fixture windows and collecting event items and what do we get for our efforts. A DECORATION!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe next time you could make it a fish platter. At least that has some use.

Honestly I know you try to make the events interesting and varied but it does seem that they are becoming more time consuming for less reward. To collect 1000 event collectables you needed to collect at least 2 spawns every day and the achievements had no reward at all for completing the whole lot. At least the Xmas one gave us a useful building. Perhaps the football pitch would have been a better prize for completing either the fixture list or achievements.

World
    Newfoundland

Smile

Well I for one think it was a good event - all achievements were achievable (1000 collectibles a bit close but just doable) and very happy with my 2 luckies and 1 friary; OK so I could not get everything in the event shop - not a problem meant I had to consider which items were best for my long term game plan
    so thanks BB - looking forward to the next one

World
    Sandycove
    I'm happy with the event overall and got what I wanted from the footballs. I do think there is a couple things I would change in the future:

1) I would have some other purpose to all the collectibles other than just buffs that have no purpose after you finish the football adventures. Like at Christmas where you could turn candy canes, bells, etc. into presents if you didn't need them for toys.

2) As someone else pointed out I would have given something for doing 100% of the achievements. That kind of felt flat to finish them all and nothing really happened.

Beyond that it was fun and I liked the very different approach to adventures that the football matches were. They were kind of simplistic to play but I found calculating what buffs I needed a little challenging.

All in all I would say Well Done BB and thanks for the event. OH - and I think my decorations look very nice next to the footie pitch
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Northisle
    I've enjoyed this event- despite the tedium that is football to me. The concurrent forum competition was a nice addition and got people using the forums a bit more- nice idea!

I managed to get the Luckies and the pitch- excess footballs will be used in-guild, so no complaints about that.

I thought it was unclear regarding what happens to the collectables after the event- the Dev Diary says that they will be removed and that they will be hidden, if I read it right. If they are removed then BB need to consider a bit of rebalancing regarding their spawn/drop rate for the next football event as I think there will simply be not enough of everything on each server for most players to complete all.

Another consideration is the football drop rate for adventures. This was initially higher on the test server and was lowered which caused many players to be concerned. I have seen some players say that it was not even worth doing adventures as the drop rate was so poor. As adventures are a big part of TSO, this has to be considered to be a bad thing.

I'm not bothered about the decoration- it's nice enough and the graphic/drawing people have done well with it. I won't be placing it on my island as I prefer to be clutter-free. But it's nice to have should I feel a need to show it off.

Overall, my least favourite TSO event on the calendar has gone well, imo. The missing buffs at the beginning were annoying to some but it didn't affect me and it was corrected- well done, BB!

World
    Sandycove
    An Ode to Collectibles

I looked recently,
    and found it to be,
    collectibles have all gone away.

My shoes took a run,
    my springs have all sprung,
    my red color has faded to grey.

My wet grass has died,
    my grease all applied,
    the telescopes a new star they found.