Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Summer Football Event 2016

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    ok so what is the trick? so far for me it seems that i get new spawn 8-10 hours after i clear the previous spawn! Definitely not every 8 hours. I tested one day, logged in every 6 hours for 18h and still got only 2 spawns during that time.
    555/1000 atm.
    They do spawn every 8-9 hours I'd say, after you've clicked the first one. The problem is if you log in every 6 hours, you will miss the second spawn and only activate that timer after 12 hours, which means you wont get a third one in the 6 hours that are left. Yesterday I logged in 6 in the morning, half past three in the afternoon and then 1 o'clock at night = three spawns.

World
    Newfoundland
    sigh. if i have to manually start the countdown for the next spawn ill never get 3 spawns a day since it seems my spawns might be on the same schedule as yours. ill just not log in in the middle of the night just for that. that said i did that once 8.5h after clearing a spawn previous night and waited for 30 min. no spawn.
    the weirdest thing is for the whole event ive never got a new spawn when i am online. if its 8-9h after clicking i would have seen a few.
    guess only testing option left is to log in each hour.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm completely lost in the timing too. Somehow (hand over heart I don't know why) I manage to get 3 drops a day. The often referred to wife Diwata is only getting 2. We 'experimented' last night and got up at an odd hour and she still didn't have any available - they didn't show up until this morning. So we can't find the pattern. The only thing I am sure of is she's getting quite annoyed....
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Northisle
    I've been able to get 3 spawns per day at 6 - 14 - 22. If I haven't got a new in time I've visited a friend and when I come back the collectibles have spawned.

The timer starts from the spawn and we don't have to collect any of them to start it. We have to be online and on our home island for the spawn to happen. The spawn time will be delayed if we aren't online and in our home island when 8h from the last spawn has passed.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Well a new spawn every 8 hours or not...
    Some people do have work for at least 8 hours a day and the time to get to/from work.
    So 2 spawns per day (before and after work) is maximum for some.

I really don't like the idea that you need to be off work/school for 3 weeks to complete achievments during an event.
    Even if youo should be off work/school you still need to adjust sleep after the spawn as well (for example spawn at 8, spawn at 16, spawn at midnight. Go to sleep up again for spawn at 8 and so on).

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    I've been able to get 3 spawns per day at 6 - 14 - 22. If I haven't got a new in time I've visited a friend and when I come back the collectibles have spawned.

The timer starts from the spawn and we don't have to collect any of them to start it. We have to be online and on our home island for the spawn to happen. The spawn time will be delayed if we aren't online and in our home island when 8h from the last spawn has passed.
    I think your last statement is not entirely accurate. Diwata and I have finally figured it out (well, actually - she did )
    The 8 hours starts when you activate the quest. Just being online won't do it. When the "New Quest" indicator pops up click on it and make sure the quest you have just been told about is the collectibles (we both pin ours so we are sure it's active) and you have then started an 8 hour cycle. If you perhaps wanted to move it to a later time, don't acknowledge the quest for a little while. Then when you do, you have your 8 hours. You don't even need to pick them up right then because after you acknowledge the quest you have 8 hours until the next drop.

For the past day (for her 2 days) we both predicted to the minute when they would fall and we've been right for all 3 drops on each of those days.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Xibor; 28.06.16 at 22:00.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by edvinp2 View Post
    Well a new spawn every 8 hours or not...
    Some people do have work for at least 8 hours a day and the time to get to/from work.
    So 2 spawns per day (before and after work) is maximum for some.

I really don't like the idea that you need to be off work/school for 3 weeks to complete achievments during an event.
    Even if youo should be off work/school you still need to adjust sleep after the spawn as well (for example spawn at 8, spawn at 16, spawn at midnight. Go to sleep up again for spawn at 8 and so on).
    I don't know how many you get in a typical spawn but from what I've been seeing sometimes getting 3 drops and the rest of the time two drops can get you there. So I don't think it's hopeless.

To your larger point however I think an event is always a choice and challenge of how much effort you want to put in for how much reward. I think it would be worse and terribly boring to log in once in a while and poof! -you have all the goodies. I know you are not actually saying you would want it like that but it's the far opposite end of your point. Where does one set the balance?

I'll make my 1000 collectibles probably tonight or in the morning, but my drops are now 07:54, 15:54, then of course 23:54. I work for a living and that last just-before-midnight one is getting old I'll admit that but to prove the point to myself that I can do it I can take it a few more days.

World
    Northisle
    I think the special maintenance scheduled for tomorrow morning will make achieving the 1000 event collection achievement even harder for many players- myself included. As this was not the fault of the players, I think it would be in BB's interest to consider lowering that bar a bit for those players who will miss out on a spawn due to BB correcting an error of their own making.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsh View Post
    I think the special maintenance scheduled for tomorrow morning will make achieving the 1000 event collection achievement even harder for many players- myself included. As this was not the fault of the players, I think it would be in BB's interest to consider lowering that bar a bit for those players who will miss out on a spawn due to BB correcting an error of their own making.
    That's a very fair point. Extending premium and adventures is one thing, but that's another and I know some people are feeling that they are going to be very close but maybe won't make it if a drop or two gets missed. It's one thing as I've said when it's a matter of personal effort but this is different. One choice would be lower the total needed, another would include sending some football collectibles in the mail for each player as compensation

World
    Sandycove
    I wonder why todays maintenance couldnt have just been piggy-backed on next week's one where the event ends..

Reply to Thread