Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Second Elite Barracks

World
    Newfoundland

yep Xibor there has to be a line of course. Since i made the first post many things have changed.

With COA gens saving troops, and i guess gen skills saving some more, combined with recruit guide buffs . Maybe not needed so much. Certainly i find i can easily run 2 x woodcutters / day without running out of troops. As long as i keep skunks running most of the time.

I have seen suggestions for buffs, rather than a whole new building. Might be a better idea in particular if its using stuff you have plenty of at lvl 70 + . Such as granite, grout, beans, exo wood, plat ore (7 mill in star and counting)
    Last edited by Kriegor; 13.06.17 at 02:49.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just to echo off what Xibor said - while I think it's important to be realistic when it comes suggestion and feature requests, it's OK to just lay it all down on the table. The devs do read this forum, and sometimes all it takes is a little bit of inspiration to get something started.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegor View Post
    With COA gens saving troops, and i guess gen skills saving some more, combined with recruit guide buffs . Maybe not needed so much. Certainly i find i can easily run 2 x woodcutters / day without running out of troops. As long as i keep skunks running most of the time.
    Woodcutters are not a good measure simply because they are one of (along with CR) the most optimized and abused adventures in game. Another thing is that doing 1-2 of them a day is nothing spectacular if you consider the exp requirements for higher levels, and doing any of their alternatives actually makes you reach the bottleneck that is barrack production much easier.

Other things to consider that people generally tend to ignore :

- more production means less reliance on barracks buffs that are becoming expensive and/ or hard to get if people quit because of boredom (because noone can really get plenty of those by themselves without relying on trade)
    - more production means making better use of elite buildings and resources (which is currently completely imbalanced - because of the design choice of units needing only 1 weapon instead of 10 you can fit the entire production on a single screen, no reason to build more infrastructure)
    - decreasing the value of a single unit (that is now inflated by the production time) means more incentive to do high loss adventures - everyone would be much more eager doing more adventures if the time they need to be idle waiting for units to produce was a day instead of three
    - realistically, something has to be done about the levelling process if BB wants to add more content for higher levels and production increase is the simplest and least invasive way to address it

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Not really struggling with barracks queue anymore since the introduction of recruitment guides but do at some point see a problem obtaining skunks for a large proportion of the community. The problem could be tackled in numerous ways and most have been suggested somewhere on the forums.

A few different ways to approach this could be any of the following.

1. Increase collectibles on home island, say from around 20 to around 30.
    2. put drill sergeant skunk / training overtime into the loot table of either adventures or artefact search.
    3. add an altogether new buff recipe into Christmas event, maybe sell it beforehand like the grilled steak recipe.
    4. add a new combined barracks to a new quest chain with upgrade recipes as suggested in the beanstalk thread.
    5. make all existing barracks multi-purpose
    6. put collectible bundles in gem shop
    7. put working overtime in gem shop

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I really feel like both Elite and regular Barracks should be unique buildings, meaning that one can't own more than one of each. Simply adding another building of the same type seems a bit lame and unpolished.
    I remember someone in another thread previously suggested adding a lvl 7 upgrade to Barracks as a reward for completing a (difficult) quest chain. It's one possibility to help with troop production and I think it could be looked into once again.
    Other ideas that have been brought up about buffs/collectables/production sound reasonable as well.
    Just a huge -1 for another identical (Elite) Barracks.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle

Play something else than Ali Baba's as in-between.

I seldom need to buff my barracks to keep occupied, time is most often my constraint.

Brotherjon
    -1 for another elite barracks, or making both barracks able to train all troop types. But a level 7 option is a good idea.

You should be able to train enough troops with current set up, without the need for a second elite barracks.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherjon View Post
    You should be able to train enough troops with current set up
    Enough for what ? "Enough" is entirely subjective term.

Aside from that, I find it pretty weird that someone would be against an incremental change that has no effect whatsoever on anyone that doesnt want to use it.

Brotherjon
    Current set up is enough for elite players to be in reach of lvl 75, averaging up to 2 million xp per day and multiple daily alibaba adventures. Overhaul of buffs and/or upgrade to level 7 yes, but I cant see why a second elite barracks would be needed. Just be more clever about how you play, rather than simply demand more at this stage - in my option anyway...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would rather see more new buffs and more stuff in loot in regards of improving recruitment speed. Second barracks or shared build queues feel kinda overkill and the consequences would be that the value of multiple things gained from elite adventures loot would drop a lot. The actual resource cost of making elite troops is already basically zero compared to regular units and the time is the only effective limiting factor.

Reply to Thread