Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Free gems"

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    None in my region, so I'm safe. But if these things are asking for personal information, making you buy things, or even just trying to get an e-mail, then that's bad. I've seen other similar 'fill in survey/offer get free access' deals, and they have been pretty bad and often quite obviously just scams.

I'm a bit concerned that BB would be hosting this. Are they that desperate to generate revenue from this game that they would do this?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by queen-vicious View Post
    if these are scam offers, why is bb promoting them?
    If you can find new "customers" to another company, they may pay small fee.
    For example, for playing another "free-to-play" game, reward may be 0,01-0,4 EUR/player.

I tested "play other game" offer, just for fun, it gave small reward, but I dont recommended it.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    I do wonder how many of those external links fit with the pegi-7 side of the game? For instance links to Lotto sites and crdit rating sites? They do not seem very pegi-7 to me.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 19.06.16 at 14:35.

World
    Newfoundland
    there was an offer, that only required me to watch a video for 8mins, which i left running in background, but the reward was only 2 gems which i got few mins after the video ended.

any that require you to enter any details like phone number, e-mail address or home address i would avoid, get enough nuisance calls as it is, and plenty of spam e-mails, junkmail through letterbox

also if you have any ad-block software installed you wont see any offers anyway

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    I do wonder how many of those external links fit with the pegi-7 side of the game? For instance links to Lotto sites and crdit rating sites? They do not seem very pegi-7 to me.
    as i said before they even pegi-18, i listed some kinds or types of advertisements but got post modified, but kind of "marriage" things.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by queen-vicious View Post
    if these are scam offers, why is bb promoting them?
    there not scams as such but these offer sites appear on almost all games as a way to get ingame income problem is even though you fill them out correctly they wont pay out and thats where the scam is say 10 players do the same offer 3 might get paid where as 7 wont.. even though they all filled them out correctly.. the company will still get paid as you completed the offer and you will get flooded with junk but you wont get your gems and arguing with sponserpay or who ever runs them will get you nowhere.. because they will ask for proof the fact you are now getting junkmail from the company means nothing they will want the confirmation email you never got

World
    Sandycove
    I was very surprised to see BB doing these kinds of promotions - I would have thought it beneath them. I did try one, and got nothing - which is typical because it's a 3rd party that doesn't really have to do anything. In other games I was much more aggressive on such 'free offers' and was most often given nothing and spent time tracking people down and emailing complaints and getting nowhere.

Be very very careful because as others have said it usually requires signing up for something and you will be spammed until the end of the universe if you do.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post

also if you have any ad-block software installed you wont see any offers anyway
    That explains why I dont see any.

Also, could it be that automatic mailbox spam filters catch the confirmation emails?
    Last edited by topgearfan; 20.06.16 at 09:01.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Newfoundland
    I do not have any details regarding the reasons behind this campaign, but I will pass on your feedback and opinions. Thank you, as always!

Here are some extra details about the "Earn Free Gems" option.

If you have an adblocker running, it needs to be disabled before clicking on the "Get Free Gems Now".

If you experience problems (i.e. bought something and received no Gems after waiting the appropriate time), please contact Fyber support:customerservices@fyber.com
    Please provide
    - The instance's address: www.thesettlersonline.com - for our language version.
    - Your nickname
    - Time and date of the purchase and the data used

You should receive a reply within 24-48 hours.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 06.07.16 at 10:25.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    and what about all the ppl who spend 10 minutes plus filling in some questionaire on their habits giving their personal info only to get nothing and then the stupid company you complain too does nothing because you dont get a confirmation email... you still get bombarded with junk mail from the company you did the offer for that in itself should prove you did something how else did they get your email
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    I do not have any details regarding he reasons behind this campaign, but I will pass on your feedback and opinions. Thank you, as always!

Here are some extra details about the "Earn Free Gems" option.

If you have an adblocker running, it needs to be disabled before clicking on the "Get Free Gems Now".

If you experience problems (i.e. bought something and received no Gems after waiting the appropriate time), please contact Fyber support:customerservices@fyber.com
    Please provide
    - The instance's address: www.thesettlersonline.com - for our language version.
    - Your nickname
    - Time and date of the purchase and the data used

You should receive a reply within 24-48 hours.

Hope this helps.

Reply to Thread