Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Summer Edition - Dev Blog

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TotoMok View Post
    Automatic Re-Deployment of Explorers / Automatic Re-Buffing Of Buildings.
    stop playing and get a screensaver... if everything was automated the game would become very boring very quickly.

Combat Is Far Too Simple
    gives more variety/options as u can attack with any combination and allows all players access to all camps. if there was a camp could only be killed with k's i'm sure ppl would stop playing that particular adv

Trade
    U want to be forced to trade? lol. that surely would be like saying u cannot progress through the levels unless u do pvp. its an option, jump in and try it out if u feel like ur missing out on something.

I don't see anything amazing on the horizon, but it's nice that BB keep us informed of what is happening and not just leaving us wondering if anything is happening at all
    Last edited by vigabrand; 02.07.16 at 16:31.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sorry I don't really buy the motivation for the lack of loot rebalance in older quests. Some have been useless since beta. Others were ruined when weapons were removed from the loot and at that point, we already had advanced generals and such. Increasing the loot on some of the worst adventures out there will not automatically ruin the economy. Or rather, they will only do that if the loot is increased so much that they are much better than current alternatives. The devs have all the data they need. They can check the rough worth of different resources and they can just have a look at the different losses from guides. Then do the maths.

Speaking of the economy, is a heavy focus on that a new thing? Did the devs consider what would happen to the economy after schools, recycling plants and other buildigns that produce free resources were introduced? They tanked the worth of meat with the deerstalkers but got that back up again with the new 48 hour buffs but those made fish more or less completely redundant in the game and since so many players have some fish farms, the cost of fish is next to nothing.

So why the sudden interest in the ingame economy when it's a change that is quite simple to implement and that can be checked in advance. Also, the loot can be increased in steps to see what happens. Did the current boss do the maths on the last change so no one dares to mention it in fear of being fired or something? Because the current state is just embaressing. Are the devs aware that an entire class of adventures, the co-ops, are essentially useless so that's a lot of dev time thrown out the window.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    tbh BB have got a nerve over the re-balancing of loot... it killed the game for many mid level players.

The question was/is has a BB dev ever played for any length of time on a live server?

I suspect not.

Come back to us with a real dev diary once you know how the real game is played, until then, dont pretend to understand us.
    Last edited by BlackBart1982; 03.07.16 at 05:35.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fidodido7777 View Post
    Why don't you make "colonies" and expeditions more attractive in order to balance the game somehow?
    Currently, no more than 5% send their explorers on expeditions.
    You can easily turn the expeditions project from disaster to success.

For example, you can add star coins in the loot or opportunity to earn more XP (miniquests) with the expeditions.
    Also, you can discontinue some resources from the adventure loot and make them available only with expeditions.
    A good idea will be to find a way to make adventures and expeditions interdependable.

Looking forward for the next changes.
    Good luck!
    It would be an extremely dumb idea to force us to do expeditions to get certain resources. It would be even dumber to make adventures and expeditions interdependable.

If only 5% like expeditions, you really think forcing 95% of the players to do them would be a success???

Seriously, start thinking before posting. If you did, you'd understand that this kind of rubbish would lead to a mass exodus, probably resulting in BB shutting down all servers within a month!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    With regards the post above,

LOL
    Rafnir, sorry but you are showing a total ignorance.
    If you still haven't noticed after 4 years of playing, they already force you to play some adventures just for the resources.
    In fact, these adventures are the most attractive.
    Where do you think you will get beans, if you don't play FT? Where are you gonna get grout, if you don't play AB adventures?
    Every reward has to be earned. Do you really think that the game will be more interesting if you get resources and XP points by just sitting back and waiting?
    Seriously, think before you criticize. Otherwise, you look a complete ignorant.
    You are just criticizing but nothing meaningful. I haven't seen you proposing any better solution.
    Last edited by fidodido7777; 02.07.16 at 20:53.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    No no no no no , so what you are saying is you want everyone to 3 different armies, it is bad enough having to have 2 and to have to have an army for the imo complete and utter rubbish expeditions is not something a lot of people would be very happy with, and I know for certain that the game would be over for me.

Why don't you make "colonies" and expeditions more attractive in order to balance the game somehow?
    Currently, no more than 5% send their explorers on expeditions.
    You can easily turn the expeditions project from disaster to success.

For example, you can add star coins in the loot or opportunity to earn more XP (miniquests) with the expeditions.
    Also, you can discontinue some resources from the adventure loot and make them available only with expeditions.
    A good idea will be to find a way to make adventures and expeditions interdependable.

Looking forward for the next changes.
    Good luck!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I got it now.
    You want the game really boring and as easy as possible.
    No balancing is needed and no changes are required. People are already used with the current modules and don't need any changes.
    More challenging features make people upset.
    In this case, I would suggest removing all adventures and leaving the game with the Trade Office only.

It is a fundamental law that the size of any reward is equal to the efforts you put to achieve that reward.
    I would love to play 10 expeditions, 10 resource adventures and 5 Alibaba adventures, if there is a chance to get a Frozen Manor at the end.
    Those who are not ready to walk through these challenges, shouldn't be upset if I have 5 Frozen Manors and they have 0.
    Last edited by fidodido7777; 02.07.16 at 22:49.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    seems to be getting a bit heated. obviously fidodido likes expidtions, while the rest of us do not, but making loot specific to either adv's or expeditions would indeed be a terrible idea for 1 side or the other, if not both.
    Last edited by vigabrand; 02.07.16 at 22:48.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    seems to be getting a bit heated. obviously fidodido likes expidtions, while the rest of us do not, but making loot specific to either adv's or expeditions would indeed be a terrible idea for 1 side or the other, if not both.
    Quite the opposite, Vagabrand.
    I don't like expeditions either. I played just a few just because there is no incentive playing them.
    That is my point.
    They already have this module in place to use, if they want to balance the game somehow by making it more attractive.
    I don't have the statistical data the devs have to be able to give other ideas. I proposed what I think would be a good idea. It is a personal opinion.
    Last edited by fidodido7777; 02.07.16 at 23:04.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    With regards the post above,

LOL
    Rafnir, sorry but you are showing a total ignorance.
    If you still haven't noticed after 4 years of playing, they already force you to play some adventures just for the resources.
    In fact, these adventures are the most attractive.
    Where do you think you will get beans, if you don't play FT? Where are you gonna get grout, if you don't play AB adventures?
    Every reward has to be earned. Do you really think that the game will be more interesting if you get resources and XP points by just sitting back and waiting?
    Seriously, think before you criticize. Otherwise, you look a complete ignorant.
    You are just criticizing but nothing meaningful. I haven't seen you proposing any better solution.
    Seriously, dude.

Adventures and expeditions are NOT the same.

Adventures has been a core design of the game from the very start, in other words: an important part of the game we came to love. Everyone, at least those who doesn't leave shortly after starting out, is doing adventures, and it has always been that way. NOT just for resources, but also for exp.

Expeditions? You said it yourself: 5%...

You are NOT forced to do adventures to get beans and grout. You've been playing for almost two years and don't know they're tradable???

Btw, it's not my job to develop the game, but I do have the right to voice my opinion. And meaningful? Well, you're trying to chase off 95% of the players - I'm not.

Reply to Thread