Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: [Feedback] Summer Edition - Dev Blog

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Tavern generals can be used as well in this type of adventure, but bear in mind that there are other troops involved e.g. Elite Troops.
    Exactly what i was aiming at and asking is in Dappadon's post

What she is trying to ascertain is a bit more info on what a developer has claimed is Do-able.

So, what was the information based on as Lulu asks, actually someone doing all adv with just 6 tavern gens as off the top of my head the recovery time needed from the gens could outweighs the time given, clearly you would need a level 6 barracks but is the information based on a buffed barracks or at default this would suggest to me an unbuffed barracks.

I also feel that Lulu asked as she is making guides for just 200 gens and prob wonders if its worth her time on something that might be impossible, therefore i feel her question of has it been done or based on numbers a fair one
    And not sure if you had noticed but i have been doing tavern general only guides also on forum (the link to which my lower level guides in my signature bar)
    But soon as i have completed the archipelago ones i would be hopefully moving on to making ali guides and other fairytale ones for tavern gens only to add to the collection.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't know if this throws any light on the situation but I know of one player who did VLT using just Soldiers in his Taverns with no other generals or troops as far as I know.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I don't know if this throws any light on the situation but I know of one player who did VLT using just Soldiers in his Taverns with no other generals or troops as far as I know.
    Personally i wouldn't recommend that way of doing the fairytale adventures especially when you get to the likes of the follow on ones higher up the chain
    The main thing is the BB said "the SHOULD be doable" but they didn't say "they ARE doable" which are completely different statements
    You know yourself how long some troops take to make in a barracks even with a skunk buff on bearing in mind the 4 hours per healing time for each tavern general, Yes could remake troops as they heal BUT would there realistically be enough time to complete the adventures taking into account all factors troop making/gens healing etc if people wanted to do them the most "economical way" so the cost of losses would be worth it than say killing loads of solders etc.

You know you thought i was mad when i made my 1st tavern gen guide for VLT i have been sat waiting for a while to test the SLT one i have made on my laptop for when i get a SLT adventure again (as sold other one to get stuff to trade in for stalks on that server for major) on the other server I play on to do it with tavern gens only needing to remake troops as i go etc. and that has max losses of 2392R 1281M 1411S 3804B if i did the maths right http://prntscr.com/cn2ae9 and 25 suicide waves so 25X4 = 100 hours alone for waiting on generals healing that's 4 days of game play waiting for generals
    Last edited by lulu10093; 27.09.16 at 19:45.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu10093 View Post
    Personally i wouldn't recommend that way of doing the fairytale adventures especially when you get to the likes of the follow on ones higher up the chain
    The main thing is the BB said "the SHOULD be doable" but they didn't say "they ARE doable" which are completely different statements
    You know yourself how long some troops take to make in a barracks even with a skunk buff on bearing in mind the 4 hours per healing time for each tavern general, Yes could remake troops as they heal BUT would there realistically be enough time to complete the adventures taking into account all factors troop making/gens healing etc if people wanted to do them the most "economical way" so the cost of losses would be worth it than say killing loads of solders etc.

You know you thought i was mad when i made my 1st tavern gen guide for VLT i have been sat waiting for a while to test the SLT one i have made on my laptop for when i get a SLT adventure again (as sold other one to get stuff to trade in for stalks on that server for major) on the other server I play on to do it with tavern gens only needing to remake troops as i go etc. and that has max losses of 2392R 1281M 1411S 3804B if i did the maths right http://prntscr.com/cn2ae9 and 24 suicide waves so 25X4 = 100 hours alone for waiting on generals healing that's 4 days of game play waiting for generals
    I was hoping you would mention guides as that brings us to another potential ambiguity, namely how a particular map is done. They say they can be done with Taverns but done how, which camps are they thinking about. A good example of this is adventures like Roaring Bull where the quests just ask for particular camps to be taken out, as opposed to other adventures where all camps have to be eliminated. In the former case we have no idea which camps they thought needed to be killed to achieve the quest, all we have is the camps we believe need to be killed to reach the goal. This leaves BB and us with a difference in opinion on how long it would take to do such adventures. When we factor in blocks the gulf probably widens.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I was hoping you would mention guides as that brings us to another potential ambiguity, namely how a particular map is done. They say they can be done with Taverns but done how, which camps are they thinking about. A good example of this is adventures like Roaring Bull where the quests just ask for particular camps to be taken out, as opposed to other adventures where all camps have to be eliminated. In the former case we have no idea which camps they thought needed to be killed to achieve the quest, all we have is the camps we believe need to be killed to reach the goal. This leaves BB and us with a difference in opinion on how long it would take to do such adventures. When we factor in blocks the gulf probably widens.
    lol glad i didn't disappoint you then mentioning guides, But that is why i asked my original questions as making guides i would just like some clarification that's all or in other words i will be wasting my time trying to make/test guides i make for tavern generals only with 0 cannons as i know most other guides use cannons in them if possible for FT etc.

and also would be making/testing them with a not so big population so have to remake troops as do the addy etc not have them all made already like i do on sandy where if i wanted i could use BHG/reaper etc for suicides but to me that is not testing them they way i would have made the guide so if i test/make them on my other server account i only have tavern gens (and majors that wouldn't be used) to test them as the guide would be intended for.

I didn't factor in blocks with tavern general only guides as
    1 they can be risky
    and 2 i know i read or heard somewhere that BB don't support blocks as part of normal game play or something along them lines

As for RB and BK etc yes we can kill fewer camps to kill the main targets of WT or DC etc same as wots and DP all what have fast versions available later on the likes of ali and 2nd thief can do a fast way also if you chose to just means less XP for us thats all. OR in the cases of FT etc where all camps or leaders at least must die to get the quest targets done in the adventure.
    Last edited by lulu10093; 27.09.16 at 20:22.

World
    Sandycove
    Any Update on this from the Devs please?

Are all adventures achievable with tavern generals only in the time frames given with unbuffed barracks etc?

Reply to Thread