Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Storm Recovery Scenario

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Storm Recovery Scenario

Anyone play this scenario or after all this time the costs still outweigh the loot? Beans have come down in price and easier to get. Saltpetre can now be mined and Grout can be gathered outside of Events. If anyone plays this scenario even semi-regularly would be great to hear of your approach. If you refuse to play this scenario, what would be one thing you would like to see changed?

Scenarios are a great alternative to the typical adventuring and is more resource based to suit players who primarily focus on island development. Perhaps we can dissect this scenario and make clear what worked and what didn't since we have new content up and coming that appears to be unique going by the dev diary. Storm Recovery is the flagship scenario and is supposed to be a high level suited way of gaining experience and loot.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Grout is too rare and valuable to waste on a scenario that doesn't offer anything similar in value as loot. The devs got it wrong and should never have made players pay grout to play this scenario.

The second mistake by the developer was a fail possibility.

This scenario should come with a warning and list of costs to complete it, or be removed altogether.

Scenarios would be much better if we didn't have to keep going to and from the home island to make buffs. That would be one thing that would improve all scenarios.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzar View Post
    If you refuse to play this scenario, what would be one thing you would like to see changed?
    Having it removed from the game completely so that it does not dilute the chance to get actual good adventures from the longest searches.

Added benefit would be not having to scroll through hundreds of them in the star menu, since it seems to be the most frequently found one.

Scenarios are a great alternative to the typical adventuring and is more resource based to suit players who primarily focus on island development.
    Island development requires loads of resources and so far the only way of getting those thats even remotely effective is adventures (colonies only if youre lucky and not attacked throughout the duration of the colony). Scenarios are in the disadvantage from the start, since they dont require army investment they cannot bring similar amount of resources compared to half-decent adventures.

Storm Recovery is the flagship scenario and is supposed to be a high level suited way of gaining experience and loot.
    See the above, you dont kill enemy units in the scenario = you are in no position to expect you will get any kind exp reward comparable to those who do.
    Last edited by sparkz; 14.07.16 at 06:26.

World
    Sandycove
    I still do these scenarios as the reward can include star coins. However, the amount of grout required does limit how many I do a month.

I too would prefer not to have to go to and from the home island to keep making buffs. If the transition was immediate, it would not be such an issue, but the lag experienced doing so is such a pain.

Perhaps BB should have a pre-built Prov House on the adv island we could use to prevent this, then the initial start up of the scenario would allow us to transfer required goods from home store to scenario prov house similar to sending gens to a normal adv?
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 14.07.16 at 06:19.

World
    Newfoundland
    This was moved to General Discussions as it's more of a debate than a clear suggestion.

World
    Sandycove
    It costs too much grout for me - I still need lots of grout for buildings. Having the scenario be expensive is fine but the amount of grout should be lowered to perhaps 1/2 it's current amount (approx. 500) because that's still a choice of skipping a level 6 building.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I think the scenario will be popular when we get one day building producing grout

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Scenarios: Storm Recovery once finished and never more, why?

I did the Storm Recovery only once for achievement, but I never will do it again. Why? Because of resources needed for quests: 1100 grouts.

1100 grouts a very valuable part. Not because of it is ~ 50k gold, because it is rare.
    But ok 50k. for 50k to me isn't worth
    - 1 Elixir
    - 1 Machine oil
    - 1 Barazek
    - 400 granite refillers
    - 500 star coin or 1k platinum ore or 1k mahagony
    - 30% chance for an exp mini quest.

This reward isn't motivate to me.
    If the star coin and the 3 mini quest each would be 100% chance then I can't be sure that I'm doing this scenarios.
    Maybe 500 grout needed and every loot is 100% chance, than I maybe will do this sceanrio again.

Did you do it many times? If yes what is your motivation?
    Does the reward bother you? What do you think about the rewards?

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Houri3; 14.09.16 at 08:04.

World
    Newfoundland
    The only thing Im even remotely interested in in this scenario is the quests, and given the current drop chance I dont think it would be unreasonable reducing the grout cost even 10 times.

Unless there is some kind of standalone grout factory planned for near future that would allow producing it in a controlled matter (similarly to granite now). If this is the case then I guess half the cost is OK too.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretenza View Post
    I did the Storm Recovery only once for achievement, but I never will do it again. Why? Because of resources needed for quests: 1100 grouts.

1100 grouts a very valuable part. Not because of it is ~ 50k gold, because it is rare.
    But ok 50k. for 50k to me isn't worth
    - 1 Elixir
    - 1 Machine oil
    - 1 Barazek
    - 400 granite refillers
    - 500 star coin or 1k platinum ore or 1k mahagony
    - 30% chance for an exp mini quest.

This reward isn't motivate to me.
    If the star coin and the 3 mini quest each would be 100% chance then I can't be sure that I'm doing this scenarios.
    Maybe 500 grout needed and every loot is 100% chance, than I maybe will do this sceanrio again.

Did you do it many times? If yes what is your motivation?
    Does the reward bother you? What do you think about the rewards?

Merged
    +1

I think i'll never do it ever, except if it got changed.
    or if i got all max lvl 6 buildings and lvl 75 and i just have my resources to waste not to play !

Reply to Thread