Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Merging active players

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Merging active players

Since the steep fall of active players

trade and ls buying is really boring not to mention global chat I think it would be great to merge active players to a single server.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    They can't discriminate between active and inactive players this way, if they did do a merger it would have to be for all players. To do otherwise would leave them open to charges of fraud.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    They can't discriminate between active and inactive players this way, if they did do a merger it would have to be for all players. To do otherwise would leave them open to charges of fraud.
    I think there should be a clause that you loose you Island after a certain period of not logging in (ex: 3-6 months) thus reducing the number of inactive players on a server.

World
    Sandycove
    where are these numbers from?
    do they take into account ALL forms of game play
    steam, internet browsers and the game download client etc?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sslewster View Post
    I think there should be a clause that you loose you Island after a certain period of not logging in (ex: 3-6 months) thus reducing the number of inactive players on a server.
    They can not do that for any inactive player who brought gems.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    to be honest i don't see the problem if the servers have inactive players the servers arn't full so not really a issue
    as from few conversations i had we are guessing the stats are off steam
    so maybe tried the game on steam didn't like it so don't play no more again its not really a issue, maybe older players only come back in events again not a issue to anyone as this game is for how and if people choose to play or not
    some players like us have played over 4 yrs some are still just joining even today that i've seen it don't mean that they are gonna stay long term players

dont see the point in merging the active server players into one and definitely don't agree with your "punishment" clause at all
    you cant force people to play if they dont want to
    sometimes real life does get in the way and to be honest real life always important over a game (OR it should be)

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    merging 3 servers would be a good idea there are many times during the day where the game just seems almost empty , trades seem to be declining

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sslewster View Post
    NO

Having the island 'sleep' after 2-3 days is more than enough. There are many reasons why a person might be away for an extended period of time and it would be horrible for them to come back and find what could potentially be years of work thrown away. Very little load is on the server for just maintaining the account and the buildings for a user when they are offline so there would be no real gain.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    NO

Having the island 'sleep' after 2-3 days is more than enough. There are many reasons why a person might be away for an extended period of time and it would be horrible for them to come back and find what could potentially be years of work thrown away. Very little load is on the server for just maintaining the account and the buildings for a user when they are offline so there would be no real gain.
    +2

I wouldn't like it if account get removed if you don't play x amount of time either. It'd feel like a work without pay instead of a fun game as it should be.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Reply to Thread