Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Merging active players

World
    Newfoundland
    IMO merge will NEVER happen, sure i saw it somewhere on these forums that BB wont move people from one server to another as there is too much data to pick from any given server database to move so guessing same would apply to merge data. and as some have mentioned above, some players play multiple servers, so a complete servers merge (with inactive purges) would cause many problems, and there are already enough bug/glitches in code now, without adding to them

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    They can not do that for any inactive player who brought gems.
    Actually they can, I can name you several games where they do exactly that.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    it would be nice to see the merging of servers . like the maker of the thread said , the trade office is really dead compared to what it used to be . i miss it alot you could sell items which now... is extremely unlikely unless you sell your good at the price that is low you are ripping yourself off its either do that or not sell many items which just dont sell anymore.

all of the chat at this time are just dead now , its a real shame and makes a person wonder whats happened with the game to get so many people to stop playing

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Actually they can, I can name you several games where they do exactly that.
    Look at the sequence of events. Start account, spend real money on the account, company close account. You could probably fill an entire library with the volumes of law against that.

The games I've played where your access to a game server is terminated due to inactivity those accounts are backed up so that if the player returns to the game they can carry on playing from the point where the account was backed up, you may not end up on the same server however.

If a company just deleted the account then they are gambling the player wont take them to court, if they lose that gamble then you can be certain any agreement contains a NDA with stiff penalties for the player if they should break the NDA.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    FYI: Ubisoft Terms of Use state that they are entitled to terminate your account in the event that "your Account has been inactive for more than six months and you do not have access to pay functions". I'm no lawyer, but it seems pretty clear cut to me that they are not legally entitled to close inactive accounts that have had real money spent on them.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    I'm no lawyer, but it seems pretty clear cut to me that they are not legally entitled to close inactive accounts that have had real money spent on them.
    You might want to check out their Terms of Sale https://legal.ubi.com/termsofsale/en-GB that say:

"UBISOFT has the absolute right to reduce, manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate Credits, Subscriptions or Additional Content, as it sees fit in its sole discretion, and that UBISOFT will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such rights"

and

"UBISOFT IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED CREDITS, SUBSCRIPTIONS OR ADDITIONAL CONTENT WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY."
    Last edited by Ynita; 10.09.16 at 17:53.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I believe this very subject is under investigation by the EU. All to often the terms for software and on-line games are tailored to US law which means by EU law they may not be considered a fair agreement. Until a particular clause is tested in court nobody knows if it constitutes a unfair agreement, it has also been known for particular laws to be enacted retroactively.

We see the company's response to the march of technology and the results of cases in brought up in court across the world in that over time the terms change. I've been tracking the changes regarding two players playing from the same address over time for this game. Originally under the right circumstances you was not required to inform BB. Later on technically speaking you was required to inform BB that you was going to get into the dating game, and that if you found somebody you wished to marry you may have to get BB's permission first.

Going by that BB have a established record for unfair agreements.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Master of Strategy
    World
    Sandycove
    Please contact support with any questions or comments about the Terms and Conditions. This is not really a subject for discussion on the forum. Thank you!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    When we can expect this server merge?

It's imposible to sell a LS in the middle day now.... in the morning or in the evening...
    Once we was abble to sell ls in the middle of the night, but as BB changed this game many of the active players leaved and now it's imposible to do a simple LS sell...

imo, we need to kick off the inactive players and merge the active on one single server!
    Moire player on one server bring more fun, sandy cove is a desert last months....

tnx

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
    When we can expect this server merge?

It's imposible to sell a LS in the middle day now.... in the morning or in the evening...
    Once we was abble to sell ls in the middle of the night, but as BB changed this game many of the active players leaved and now it's imposible to do a simple LS sell...

imo, we need to kick off the inactive players and merge the active on one single server!
    Moire player on one server bring more fun, sandy cove is a desert last months....

tnx
    There are no plans of any server merges in the near future.

Reply to Thread