Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Loot Spot Courtesy

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Simple solution, take loot spots out of the game and then the issue goes away.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    As another very useful and informative post about Lootspots and Lootspot Etiquette put it:

Speaking personally, I rarely specify 'fast general', but if I have advertised a spot as 'ready to finish', then I will wait for a looter's general to appear, whisper that they have arrived and give them some time to respond and/or send attack. If neither of those things happen within a reasonable period of time then I will send them another whisper giving them a deadline by which time I will finish the adventure without them with no refund.

A "reasonable period of time" very much depends on specifics of the situation. For example, I am inclined to be more patient with a guild mate or a friend I have interacted with several times before than I am with someone I have just met for the first time, say, after an advertisement in trade. Usually, though, I just consider how much time it takes me to deal with any of the things that have called me away in similar circumstances, such as an urgent need for a bathroom break, an unexpected telephone call, a delivery at the door, one of the dogs throwing up... then I add on an extra few minutes for good measure, then send them the warning that I am going to finish without them soon.

Regardless of the situation, though, on the few occasions I have reached the point where I felt the need to finish without them, I have not given refunds. As far as I am concerned, if they were not ready to play, then they should not have accepted the spot or, if something unexpected called them away, that is their problem and I do not see why I should lose out because of circumstances beyond my control.
    Agreed and well put
    (and in my case, it's the cat that throws up)
    Last edited by Xibor; 31.07.16 at 21:45.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

qawpaw
    indeed well put m8

Reply to Thread