Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 28/07/2016

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Orca45 View Post
    Yes i can.
    Here is an printscreen
    http://prntscr.com/bylezm

You cant buff at friends island
    Thank you, I will make it sure it has been reported.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have used a work around for the slow tavern generals, if you go to the adventure and click the generals tab and wait until you see the generals are on the way they arrive at the proper time. I hope this helps

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy2204 View Post
    omg! there are buildings for that?... really? lol i thought it was just the mayors house & star this whole time :O

but seriously how does for example a lvl 26 player with low storage receiving resources from a helpful friend or guildie hurt everyone or how about someone that wants to save up a load of extra swords n' stuff to make the most of their only day of premium? not everybody plays the same way
    Additional load on the server.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    At a guess, typically all bugs/enhancement requests get prioritized with such factors as number of users affected, impact (e.g. can't play at all, can play but with work-arounds) and cost of the change (time spent by developers and testers) and so forth. I find the flashing whisper thing kinda annoying too but I just go to the tab and whisper something to anyone in my list and it stops - so hardly a show stopper and I'm sure it's pretty low on the list of priorities for fix.
    This was reported from the very beginning, but we are unable to fix a bug that we are unable to reproduce.
    If anyone happens to find exact reproduction steps for this, I will be happy to report it as I have tried myself to figure this out several years back with no luck.

World
    Sandycove
    legend has it that it's caused by someone trying to whisper you when you're offline, though not sure how that rumour started

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    After all these years a workaround solution should have been applied if the original problem can't be tracked. When the "begin tab flashing" function is called it should check how many open chats there actually are; if none then cancel. At minimum its possible stop the flashing when the 1:1 tab is selected once.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    This was reported from the very beginning, but we are unable to fix a bug that we are unable to reproduce.
    If anyone happens to find exact reproduction steps for this, I will be happy to report it as I have tried myself to figure this out several years back with no luck.
    The key to bug fixes is being able to reproduce them - there's no doubt. I wish I could help. I would estimate it happens 1 in 100 times I log in (therefore maybe once per month) and that makes it hard to collect any data. If I come up with something I'll make sure to post it.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    I believe the flashing whisper tab is caused by the way how the chat client gui and connection to the server and chat channel gets initialized. When the tabs are drawn and the chat channel for that tab is initialized sometimes the connection is created before the gui is ready and the channel "motd/welcome" is printed causing the tab to flash (just like help, trade, guild, guild officers tabs flashes/lights when those channels are initialized). If this happens on whisper tab before the tab gui is ready it starts to flash and when the gui gets ready it clears the "motd/welcome" text but not the flashing tab. If you are quick enough you can see the "motd/welcome" text on the whisper tab before it's cleared by the whisper gui.
    I don't know if the whisper has it's own chat channel but I've seen a "motd/welcome" text printed on it when the chat client tabs are populated.

Reply to Thread