Reply to Thread

Thread: Titanium Mines

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Titanium Mines

I just got 61. I can now discover and farm titanium mines.

Why ? What's the point in that?
    This is so totally random it doesn't make sense.

Why would I want titanium at 61 there is nothing that calls for it (or has called for it for the last 5 levels)
    It would be great to have if i was in the 45 to 55 range when I needed crossbows or dama swords. I dont use those now so what am I missing ?

Additionally it costs 2000 granite and 2000 exotic wood planks to harvest a node with just 300 titanium.
    That's just mad.

I created one. I will use it to unload all the refils I get in loot but other than that .... what a waste.

Someone please post and tell me I am wrong.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbelly View Post
    I just got 61. I can now discover and farm titanium mines.

Why ? What's the point in that?
    This is so totally random it doesn't make sense.

Why would I want titanium at 61 there is nothing that calls for it (or has called for it for the last 5 levels)
    It would be great to have if i was in the 45 to 55 range when I needed crossbows or dama swords. I dont use those now so what am I missing ?

Additionally it costs 2000 granite and 2000 exotic wood planks to harvest a node with just 300 titanium.
    That's just mad.

I created one. I will use it to unload all the refils I get in loot but other than that .... what a waste.

Someone please post and tell me I am wrong.
    I have to admit the numbers seem rather odd. You can always sell the ore/bars/stuff made from titanium, but it's hard to see covering the cost of 2000 granite. I'm on your side, the numbers should be adjusted (either lower cost or higher amount in the deposit). That's one you never want to let run out, that's for sure.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    This was brought up when the level 75 expansion was introduced on the test server, along with the excessive amount of platinum in loot from the adventures, crazy losses for some adventures and better rewards for little cost in others.

World
    Northisle
    The new expation will use some more titanium on quests and buffs for ventures.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I have to admit the numbers seem rather odd. You can always sell the ore/bars/stuff made from titanium, but it's hard to see covering the cost of 2000 granite. (...) That's one you never want to let run out, that's for sure.
    Anyone lvl 61 should already have a decent granite production on their own island and between buffs and efficient geologist usage it shouldnt be a problem to produce upwards of 10k granite a day.

That puts the cost of building new titanium/ salpeter mines somewhere around the cost of goldmines back in the day, which was entirely sustainable for anyone who could do basic math.

The problem is not with getting enough granite, its that you will want to spend it elsewhere (especially as it will drop in value over time) instead of a pointless mine.

As for the level requirement, past the introduction of XXL with stuff like millions of platinum ore dropping from the adventures everyone should have already gotten rid of the delusion BB even tries to have this game balanced in any way.

World
    Sandycove
    isnt there industrial coal, copper. gold, iron. salt and tit mines in the new thing on test as well as epic farm thing? if so dont make mines now and wait until you have them and fill them from refills you get in ali loots
    only im not killing the 1 lv 6 salt and 1 lv 6 tit mine i have already been putting my refills in they can stay the rest of the deposits Im saving up now for the industrial ones
    same with the coal/gold/copper/iron mines i have made with their refills in can stay for now also

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Anyone lvl 61 should already have a decent granite production on their own island and between buffs and efficient geologist usage it shouldnt be a problem to produce upwards of 10k granite a day.

That puts the cost of building new titanium/ salpeter mines somewhere around the cost of goldmines back in the day, which was entirely sustainable for anyone who could do basic math.
    That's a reasonable point - I'll see how it goes when I get there.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Sure, but why would you even bother with titanium mines? I do not use titanium for anything but the occasional panda quest, and I got way more than I need for that from adventures already. I dont even see a point in searching for the deposits....

Reply to Thread