Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trading

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Trading

All trade slots should be without cost so as to promote a healthy and vibrant community.

A great many trades are not placed simply because the value of the trade is less than the cost of buying the slot. This is most true for new players who we should be encouraging, not confronting with obstacles.

You could make the slots rewards for quests or level related - whatever you choose - there are lots of options.

Bring people together - don't put up barriers.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbelly View Post
    All trade slots should be without cost so as to promote a healthy and vibrant community.

A great many trades are not placed simply because the value of the trade is less than the cost of buying the slot. This is most true for new players who we should be encouraging, not confronting with obstacles.

You could make the slots rewards for quests or level related - whatever you choose - there are lots of options.

Bring people together - don't put up barriers.
    I think this would tend to have some players completely flood the market with dozens and dozens of trades, many times perhaps with the same item over and over, so that the market would be almost impossible to work with. There should be a point of diminishing returns and you place your lower valued lots first and then scale up. The increment between slots is quite low and you don't get into a large cost for quite a number of lots. I think it's fine the way it is.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Plus having each trade cost an element of coin (apart from the first slot) means traders have to choose what they want to offer to sell wisely. If the number of slots was unlimited and nil cost the trade office would be full of bad trades by people trying to take advantage of others ignorance or mis-clicking.

This has been suggested previously and discounted by the majority as a crazy idea - After all anyone could put up 100 crazy trades on the hope that just 1 sells and they make a killing.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

New players will spam market with rabbish and traders will fill market and make it slower and harder, and i think current cost not hurt anybody

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Im not saying each person should have 100 trades. The half dozen or so available would be fine. And if you had to earn them the average player might only have 2 or 3 slots.

It is the paying for them with coin that is the inhibiting factor.

It is easy enough for you or I to laugh at 3 coins for a trade. Its nothing to us. I sell a ls for 40k what do I care. But try putting yourself in the position of a noob coming up the ranks. 3 coins is a lot.

You want to encourage new players to put up more trades, not less. Draw them into the game and the community then they stay for the long term. What is happening now is people put up one trade, realise its not worth it and then shut themselves off from that part of the game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The current game taxation is nothing compared to the 900% taxation by certain traders.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    The slot cost never bothered me. We all started as newbies. If I didn't have much coin I stayed with the free slot. And it's usually a while before you have much to sell anyway.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    The slot cost never bothered me. We all started as newbies. If I didn't have much coin I stayed with the free slot. And it's usually a while before you have much to sell anyway.
    +1
    And even if someone can only put up say 6 or so (but at no cost) there will be hundreds of what may be considered scam trades to catch out the newbies the OP wants to encourage to stay in game. This will probably have the opposite effect.

qawpaw
    it would be better if prices in to ,reflected the trade sheet instead of those ridiculous prices people put up every day.

Master of Strategy
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    it would be better if prices in to ,reflected the trade sheet instead of those ridiculous prices people put up every day.
    trade sheets are player-made tools, which reflect the prices in the TO. most i have seen have bottom, top and average prices. i'm not aware of any that are updated regularly at the moment. (please say if there are, trade-sheet makers! )

Reply to Thread