Reply to Thread

Thread: Player types - which one are you!

Brotherjon

Player types - which one are you!

Since playing settlers, especially for those who have played for a while, you may have recognised several types of players and their unique style. See if you can recognise these players and maybe work out which one is most like you! Like me though, you are probably a mixture of a number of these, or maybe one that I have not included here. Feel free to add to the list!

The Philanthropist - Happy to dish out free resources to lower level players, supporting their efforts in accelerating their progress.

The Plodder - Has been playing for around two years, still at level 41

The Perfectionist - The layout of the island is at its optimum, carefully placed buildings so that they are the best distance from the storehouse, very balanced economy and no waste. Probably German.

The Socialite - Less bothered about intensive play, frequently in Global or help chat. Enjoys getting to know others as well as becoming known.

The Hoarder - Never going to use all of those scarecrows and herbs, or sell them. But will keep collecting them anyway!

The High Flyer - Plays intensely with aspirations of being the first to break new boundaries, reaching the highest levels first. They want it all and they want it now!

The Quiet One - You don’t hear much from this one, not even in guild chat. Just quietly works away in their own little world…

The Taker - Seems ok when first joins the guild, but slowly works their way around the other members constantly asking for resources to support a wasteful economy. Will eventually leave the guild seeking freebies elsewhere.

Penny Pincher - Sells all loot spots for all they're worth. Scours the trade office constantly for good offers. Does not give out freebies to anyone. This player is so tight that... (fill in your own punch line)

The Obsessive one - Fixated on building the same type of building all over the island. Some have islands dedicated to sausage making, while others that resemble Mordor with massive sword production chains.

World
    Sandycove
    Perfectionist - not so much with building placement (although true somewhat) but being completely self-sufficient and not wasting anything... buffs correspond with an independent timer program so nothing is unbuffed for more than minutes.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Wheeler dealer - Anticipates changes in the trade market and prepares accordingly. Buy and sell, buy and sell, build the pot.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    A combination of all of the above

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove

The Quiet One - You don’t hear much from this one, not even in guild chat. Just quietly works away in their own little world…

Yep, that's me

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    The Bi-polar one - goes between extreme of annoying everyone by constantly filling global chat with drivel to concentrating on helping everyone that comes into help with all their needs often spending more time helping them than doing own island.

A right pain in the bum some say

World
    Newfoundland
    Most definitely the Plodder,almost 5 years playing and still level 43
    Last edited by PennyUK; 24.08.16 at 11:21.

World
    Northisle
    A mixture of a socialate and a hoarder-perfectionist-plodder for whom how things look on the island is more important than how effective it is game-wise or how quickly I level up. But I do try to keep my economy on the plus side. And I like to hoard stuff. And build Raving Rabbid shrines. And fishplatter my friends.

Yeah... It's all about having fun and not to be taken too seriously.

Uncle Antero's Fish Platter Emporium

Here to make your Island have that extra special stench all year around!

World
    Sandycove
    Ey!
    I am the mother of them all,
    also of the missing players...!

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Different upon every login, also none of the types mentioned. Just do my own thing, basic island maintenance and "what shall I do today?" style.

Reply to Thread