Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Unable to load game

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello I have also a problem to load the game, I'm on firefox, I cleared my cookies and history, tried as well on private, but the game can't load, I have the same screen as SillYcoNe on her 28.09.16 post.

World
    Northisle
    I was able to connect after some network tweaking.
    As described in me previous post, some servers in the cdn are serving bad/corrupt files causing multiple issues.

World
    Northisle
    I can see one common thing here. You are both from France. I talked with SillYcoNe in chat and it seems like the edge server located in France Telecom network serving the files for this game isn't working correctly.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi Durin, maybe we have that in common, but how do you explain that my wife who is playing on her mac with chrome, doesn't have any problems ? we share the same internet connection ... I tried on her computer on safari, it doesn't work, I tried on firefox and on chrome on my PC, it doesn't work ... if I go on her mac on chrome, it works, how weird is that ?
    Last edited by Wodehouse; 04.10.16 at 12:14.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Wodehouse View Post
    Hi Durin, maybe we have that in common, but how do you explain that my wife who is playing on her mac with chrome, doesn't have any problems ? we share the same internet connection ... I tried on her computer on safari, it doesn't work, I tried on firefox and on chrome on my PC, it doesn't work ... if I go on her mac on chrome, it works, how weird is that ?
    Your wife's chrome has the required files in cache and doesn't have to download them from the malfunctioning server but other computers and browser don't have them in their cache and have to download them.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just want to step in and say thank you for the ongoing troubleshooting regarding this. The ISP (Orange) info was invaluable - thanks especially to SillYcoNe and Durin_D!

Keep the reports coming guys.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks Durin_d, BB_Saqui and SillYcoNe.

It's working now. Your comments made me think to change DNS IPs on my PC. So I've changed them for Google DNS then reboot the PC and everything goes better now.

So for french users using Orange as an ISP, don't try to do it on your LiveBox because DNS IPs aren't editable (they are set to Orange DNS). Just change it at your connection level, choose the DNS of your choice (Google ones are 8.8.8.8 as primary and 8.8.4.4 as secondary).

I hope it helps.

World
    Northisle
    Just a quick note aboute DNS:
    Maybe you would like to use other services than Google's for DNS so here's a list of open, unfiltered DNS:
    Link Removed
    There are many other alternatives you can find on ..... Google

Please do not post outside links on the forum
    Last edited by MOD_Dryad; 06.10.16 at 11:06.

World
    Northisle
    This is the exact problem that I had and I came to the exact same conclusion and solution while support was asking me to clear cache and try tiny browser...
    Thank you for pointing out those threads.

To Muad-Dib on the French forum: you are not alone
    I did not post the whole solution here because I did not want to cause unexperienced users tinker with their DNS configuration and risk overloading BB support with new problems.

Note about my previous post that was edited: I was only posting some technical reference to help your users solve the the problems on your game.
    Last edited by SillYcoNe; 07.10.16 at 09:02.

Reply to Thread