Thread: Farewell from BB_Ravel and Welcome to BB_Saqui!

World
    Newfoundland

Farewell from BB_Ravel and Welcome to BB_Saqui!

Dear Settlers,

This is not an easy post for me to write. It's been over 5 years since I started working on The Settlers Online and time seems to have just flown by. I started as a relatively new Game Master and worked my way to Community Manager, so I got to experience this most excellent Community both in chat and on the (much quieter) forum. I don't think many people are lucky enough to get to work where they know there is a huge group of friends just a click away and I consider myself lucky to have had the opportunity to play this fantastic game with you, laugh with you in globals, get angry with you when the servers went down, listen to your stories (that humble me every time) and have an amazing time overall.

I learned a lot and found myself amazed time and time again by the warmth I always felt you amazing people surrounding me with, because even when times were tough and I was starting to feel down, one or more of you would do something to cheer me up and remind me why I love to be here, be it a well-made point on the forum that I did not consider before or a whisper in chat telling me to keep up the good work.

My point is you guys are amazing and I will miss you a lot, but it is time for me to start new adventures and tackle new challenges. It has been an honour to be a part of the staff who got to read you every day and I would like to thank you all for accepting me, reading me and being overall an inspiration for me.

That being said, it may be tornado season for the revolving door of arrivals and departures, as BB_Melgrax is moving to another project and leaving The Settlers Online also. A new Community Manager will be joining the Team in the person of BB_Saqui and I have never seen someone more excited to be a part of this project (he's already level 29!!!).

I know you guys will give him a warm welcome and make this long-time Settlers fan feel right at home.

I wish you all the best and I hope Newfoundland, Northisle and Sandycove will continue to be the same safe and magical home for you.

Your Smurfette,
    Ravel

Say your farewells with the rest of the community here - MOD_Daz
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 01.09.16 at 12:21.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

Cheers BB_Ravel - I think everyone here can agree that you have been a tremendous pillar of the TSO community, and will be missed by many. Thank you for your years of service.

Hello Settlers!

My journey with The Settlers began a long time ago, when a young little BB_Saqui was enthralled by watching a relative play The Settlers II back on M-DOS. It didn’t matter how many times I saw its completion, I’d always root endlessly for the Romans to get back home - which they did, most of the time.

It wasn’t until a couple of years later when The Settlers III released that I got to have my first proper hands-on with the series, and I loved every bit of it. I remember having to spend a while to get used to the more direct combat, but it just made it more intense! The game was definitely responsible for my deep love of the RTS genre for many years to come.

Today I couldn’t be more happy to be a part of this huge and passionate community, which is dedicated to one of my most memorable childhood series. I’m settling in well with the rest of the Community Team - it’s great to see so many dedicated people trying to make The Settlers Online friendly and welcoming for all. I can’t wait to meet some of our most productive, inventive and creative players; the finest qualities of the perfect settler.

See you around the forum, and feel free to wave at me in-game!
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 31.08.16 at 13:52.