Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter Writing Day

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear Love, you whom are waiting for so long for my return.

It has been 6 seasons already, 3 full moons and so many battles down the road, but we have succeeded placing our camp on this promising new land in the Bluebyte-atlantic. Our generals gave their truly best and with many defeats, they still led us to victory against the savages. Their camps where well protected and their fortress walls were extremely hard to penetrate. Without demoralizing, the generals and their fellow reinforcement battle masters have really done their promised job.

The initial camp quickly was prosperous thanks to our dedicated and well skilled builders and crafters. Workers did an outstanding job providing food, supplies, homes & weapons needed for the big battles ahead of us. Slowly but definitely, our HQ tent became a house and later well defended fortress. It stands there where we first set camp with all its glory and farewell message-wall for all the fallen ones in battle and explorations quests.

Also thanks to our brave and fearless explorers, whom put their life at risk with every step they take for exploring new lands and find treasure maps. There are few but they surely have their portion of success for the end goal.

The settlement is going very well but sadly enough, our explorers found yet another piece of land in control of savages. This may be a serious treat so we need to stay longer to ensure the safety of all the new families on the island. I really hoped after setting camp, clearing the savages and making sure the settlement was self-supporting, I would have made my way back home to my dearest love. I guess victory was shouted too soon. We have another quest laid ahead of us.

I promise you to remain safe and well. Soon we will be together again and start planning our future for ourselves, safe and sound, peacefully at home.

Truly yours
    Labeler
    Last edited by Labeler; 02.09.16 at 07:02.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Theodor,
    bro, get over here! A new band is playing at the Town Hall tonight...
    "Aunt Irma and the Retired Bandits!"
    Love,
    Mayor Daley

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    To: Head of Elite Barracks Training.

Dear Joe,

It has come to my attention that the recruitment rates in your barracks is vastly under the targets I provided when I first promoted you to the job. It appears it takes you upwards of 30min to train a single solider! Our standard Barracks can knock out 60 recruits in the same amount of time.

Please could this be looked at

Yours, Mayor

--------------

Mayor,

I am struggling with resources here, there is only one training dummy and the walls are not yet up fully in the bathroom area; also... the soldiers we are training here far out perform any in the standard barracks.

Joe,
    Head of Elite Training

--------------

Joe,

Your instance we need "grout" to increase our training speed still baffles me. Can't you just whip them up and send them off to die like we do for the rest of our conscription? regular requests for more whips is all I get from the standard barracks and he hasn't stopped working and whipping in months.

Just ban bathroom breaks - they won't survive long enough anyways.

Mayor.

--------------

Mayor,

Please stop referring to our highly skilled troops as "cannon fodder" it does not help moral - we have mothers crying at the grieving wall every day over the names of the fallen and gallant dead - I would not want to have to test your house against that particular army.

Joe.

--------------

Joe,

Great idea!... From today we start recruiting those distraught mothers into the army then when they do not return we can knock down that grieving wall and build some more weaponsmiths.

Oh... and you are to accompany one of our Masters of Martial arts into the archipelago this evening; he's on another scouting missing and doesn't like to go out there alone.

I do not expect you to return.

Mayor.
    Last edited by Boli32; 02.09.16 at 09:08.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Dear Halloween

It's very spooky on Halloween night,
    The ghosts and goblins will give you a fright.

Plant your fields and buff them well
    watch the seeds grow to swell

Then off to the markets , you shall go
    Genrals, A geo and buildings in toe
    ( ,...., )
    by Salem
    Last edited by Salem_Warrior_1; 02.09.16 at 09:06.

World
    Sandycove
    Dear Little Tailor

I thought I would never see,
    A person with so much misery

Valiantly fighting for a devious and wicked king,
    In the end demanding his guards your head to bring.

Rewards earned for past deeds you did do,
    Claimed by a rival tailor and having to prove it was you.

Three sons you raised set off on a path most dire,
    To become masters of their craft is their desire.

Sons returned victorious and grown but alas more sorrow to follow,
    An evil innkeeper stole your son’s rewards and victory was hollow,

Lucky for you dear Tailor my friend,
    Someone always stands by you at the end.

Yours truly, always friend.

PS:
    I thought I should mention for the next Inn you may stay,
    Never must you trust a thin innkeeper from this day.

World
    Northisle
    To General Coombes c/o the Tavern

Greetings to you!

As you know, I have recently been fortunate to find employment with the new Mayor. He seems a nice enough fellow but he does have his eye upon expanding his land further.

We have already cleared those old practice camps near the town. They even had some bits lying around that we took back as loot. The new Mayor seemed content with that but now he aspires to claim the entire island and naturally, he expects bigger and better things from his newly acquired army.

So how would you like to earn some coin? I propose that you “occupy” some of those old practice camps we used to use around the island. I will lead the army to you and we can make a huge noise and throw some dust into the air to make it look like we’re fighting.

I can bring some of those swords and things that I have squirreled away from the Barracks. The Mayor still believes it takes 10 swords to train a single troop so I have amassed a fair number of them now. Some of those with some old stones or bits of wood lying around will be the “loot”. I can pay you in swords also which you can sell on the Black Market and maybe even pay some unemployed townsfolk to join you in the camps so it looks more impressive. The selling of swords would pay them for their time.

I think this could prove to be very beneficial to us both. The Mayor will think highly of me and you will earn some coin. You will finally be able to pay off that tab in the Tavern, if this goes well. I could even suggest to him that he employs you as his army expands. I have no doubt that if he gains ownership of the whole island, he will soon consider sending his army off to new adventures.

Let me know if you agree as I am certain the Mayor will be sending us out again soon.

Regards,
    Veteran General Farquharson-Smythe

PS. Do you happen to know someone who could buy lots and lots of horses from me?

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Dear mother of my love

You're never far from the caring
    thoughts in my heart.
    No matter how many miles
    ever try to keep us apart.

A mother's love, your gift,
    the gift I'll always give to you.
    As we watch our lives go by,
    no matter what you say or do.

I shall send my finest troops to fortify your lines, by heart and sword they have sworn to follow you till Valhalla
    please except this token of my love as a small gift for all your love you have shown to me and my kindred
    Salem

Royalties to Alan Royer
    Last edited by Salem_Warrior_1; 02.09.16 at 12:05.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear Wild Mary,
    We only met recently as this was my first visit to the Island, you were not around previously when I was. If only I knew then what I know now….

All was well for a while, until I attempted to remove you from my Island. That is when the trouble started. To say you were stubborn is an understatement, and despite my best efforts you steadfastly refused to leave, much to my frustration and cost. My blood pressure rose (as did the list of casualties) and I began to despair that I would ever be rid of you. You began to haunt my dreams Mary, you with your loathsome wiggly hair and smug face.

Salvation arrived when I met with some friends who were able to give me advice about you and your wild ways!! And lo it came to pass that you were vanquished and forced into exile. Verily there was much rejoicing, the people cheered and held celebrations which went on late into the night.

Sadly, the end to my tale has become like an Edgar Allen Poe story, as you haunt me. You are my nemesis, the Moriaty to my Holmes, the Joker to my Batman, the Van Helsing to my Dracula....as I send my explorers out to find rare treasure and adventures AND YOU KEEP COMING BACK WITH THEM!!!!!

Shall I never be free?

Despairingly
    PurpleLyra

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Major-General Sir!

I recently found out that the officers are withholding information from you Sir.
    As you know, we have been stationed at this godforsaken place, for a very long time now, where our job is to conquer foreign islands.
    But something wierd is going on Sir.
    Every time we have captured an island, by killing every living soul on it, they all come back to life, and we have to start all over again. It is actually the same island we attack, almost every day, and often we attack it several times a day, but they still keep coming back to life. It really drains the troops morale. Loads of them, knowing it means their death, just plunge into it willingly. The suicide rate of my fellow recruits, are enormous, they sometimes suicide-attack, wave after wave, the losses are, as you know Sir, unbelievable.
    And we have not captured one single island yet, after sacrificing millions of troops, mainly recruits.
    Please Sir, make this stop, or atleast promote me to a rank that rarely dies in combat.

Recruit Burrfoot

Ps. I still have not recieved the 500 gems i was promises, when i enrolled in the army.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

It appears I have not yet mastered the fine art of spelling, the final paragraph should have read...

....it looks like our place at the pinnacle....
    Last edited by Dionesse1; 02.09.16 at 15:50. Reason: Spelling Error (Edited by Zelamina)

Closed Thread