Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Master Breeder Achievment [TSO-16102]

  1. #11
    Jolly Advisor Dappadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    187
    World
    Northisle
    Dependent on troop build a skunked level 6 e barracks can eat upto 1300 battle horses a day, also some players like to produce extra and sell them on TO. So a level 6 e stable x2 buffed wont provide enough horses to run your barracks at times. Where the OP has worked out the 3.5 x the amount used barracks i have no idea so again whats the issue ?

  2. #12
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,854
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    Dependent on troop build a skunked level 6 e barracks can eat upto 1300 battle horses a day, also some players like to produce extra and sell them on TO. So a level 6 e stable x2 buffed wont provide enough horses to run your barracks at times. Where the OP has worked out the 3.5 x the amount used barracks i have no idea so again whats the issue ?
    Read my original post it's not the Elite stables which are the issue, If you have the resources you could build a bunch of level 1's to produce enough to get the achievement. The problem is producing Battle Horse at that rate is far higher than you can use them to make troops.

    Yes you could try selling BH produced in such numbers but since it is a common goal everyone will trying to produce the same numbers, this means the primary market is those players who are building up to do their first Woodcutter, once they have done that they get the resources they need from loot, meaning they will be one off purchases by some players, some other players will obtain the Plat Ore they need by other means to make their first batch of BH in-house. the rest will rely on in-guild generosity.

    Your example of a skunked level 6 E-Barrack may have one flaw. Going by the tends on Sandycove's market when XXL came out we had large stocks of both skunks and banners but since XXL came out we have been using both at a rate far higher than the spawn rate of banners. Even then your example your only using 43.3% of your BH production. Need I mention that the wheat used by the remaining 56.6% BH you can't use could be turned into 680 settlers a day.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

  3. #13
    Jolly Advisor Dappadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    187
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Read my original post it's not the Elite stables which are the issue, If you have the resources you could build a bunch of level 1's to produce enough to get the achievement. The problem is producing Battle Horse at that rate is far higher than you can use them to make troops.

    Yes you could try selling BH produced in such numbers but since it is a common goal everyone will trying to produce the same numbers, this means the primary market is those players who are building up to do their first Woodcutter, once they have done that they get the resources they need from loot, meaning they will be one off purchases by some players, some other players will obtain the Plat Ore they need by other means to make their first batch of BH in-house. the rest will rely on in-guild generosity.

    Your example of a skunked level 6 E-Barrack may have one flaw. Going by the tends on Sandycove's market when XXL came out we had large stocks of both skunks and banners but since XXL came out we have been using both at a rate far higher than the spawn rate of banners. Even then your example your only using 43.3% of your BH production. Need I mention that the wheat used by the remaining 56.6% BH you can't use could be turned into 680 settlers a day.
    Thats same as all the quests though and achievements eg I would have had to build a load of cannon forges im not going to ever use again for the cannon quests or achievement or can build 1 and buff it x4.

    Im not disputing your reasoning that its extreme but no so more then earlier quests. But again some players may prefer to run these buildings say with bags off snow then they sleep, some players prefer to run them non stop like me and just use roasts.

    Again its an achievement and its only a case of you need 1 building or if prefer can build a load of lvl ones like you say but its not unique to battle horse production its a fair few like cannons xbow and dama swords to name but a few. A different post in this discussion mentions plat swords are more useful but as you build mainly mounted swords and knights then you need double the horses you do swords.

    Personally I find the achievement to build roads pointless but it does not affect the game in anyway by not building roads.

  4. #14
    Ruler of the Land lulu10093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    1,408
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Ever since we got XXL some of the achievements have puzzled me, for example the Master Breeder achievement which calls for a production of 1500 Battle horse/12h. Why would we need to produce Battle horses 3.5 x faster than they can be converted into troops in the Elite Barracks and that's with 4x buffs on the Elite Barracks.
    Achievements if you want to do them not about make more faster than can use them etc they just to see if you can do it if you want to for some achievement points

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    +100000000
    Wow I just was thinking about post same post lol, yeah this is strange and You can only get this Achievement with level 6 elite stable, 5x buff with 3 flags away from storehouse, I wonder how they got this number.

    platinum swords have more use, only 500 / 12 hours needed for Achievement !
    don't need 5X buff on elite stable if level 6 can use the whips carrots ones depending how far from a store house you are they 4x buff and my luckys get me loads for free i did mine as i had at time 2 level 3 elite stables and put them carrot buffs on them so 1 level 6 with one should work also as quote below shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    I would recheck the maths. A level 6 elite stable buffed x4 eg whips and carrots maybe even an elixir at most, fulfills the quest and my stables 4 or 5 steps from the store

    This one below confusing me a bit as its not about the barracks having to use them its about the achievement to make them so the barracks using them to me seems like a "mute point" as not needed for achievement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Read my original post it's not the Elite stables which are the issue, If you have the resources you could build a bunch of level 1's to produce enough to get the achievement. The problem is producing Battle Horse at that rate is far higher than you can use them to make troops.

    Yes you could try selling BH produced in such numbers but since it is a common goal everyone will trying to produce the same numbers, this means the primary market is those players who are building up to do their first Woodcutter, once they have done that they get the resources they need from loot, meaning they will be one off purchases by some players, some other players will obtain the Plat Ore they need by other means to make their first batch of BH in-house. the rest will rely on in-guild generosity.

    Your example of a skunked level 6 E-Barrack may have one flaw. Going by the tends on Sandycove's market when XXL came out we had large stocks of both skunks and banners but since XXL came out we have been using both at a rate far higher than the spawn rate of banners. Even then your example your only using 43.3% of your BH production. Need I mention that the wheat used by the remaining 56.6% BH you can't use could be turned into 680 settlers a day.

  5. #15
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,854
    World
    Sandycove
    Excluding making troops and trading does anyone know where being able to produce battle horses at such a rate would be advantageous ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

  6. #16
    Battle Hardened Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    385
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Excluding making troops and trading does anyone know where being able to produce battle horses at such a rate would be advantageous ?
    Clearly the idea of an "achievment" escapes you. It is in itself the reward. It serves the same purpose a car that can do over 200 mp/h does when you can't legally do that anywhere. It's not advantageous, nor does it have to be. It's an achivement. No one is asking you to overproduce horses indefinitely. It's a one time thing. Just don't do it if you don't see the advantage?

  7. #17
    Community Manager
    Ruler of the Land BB_Saqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,756
    World
    Newfoundland
    The requirements for this achievement have been reduced in the latest update:

    The achievement "Master Breeder" now requires a production value of 1,200 Battle Horses per 12 hours.

  8. #18
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,468
    World
    Northisle
    Some of the quests are odd. For instance, what use is it to have 2 x lvl 6 wheelmakers? Then this has been around for ages, such as the epic workyard - have 2 x lvl 5 exo samils so the epic can saw exo planks, lol.

  9. #19
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,854
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Some of the quests are odd. For instance, what use is it to have 2 x lvl 6 wheelmakers? Then this has been around for ages, such as the epic workyard - have 2 x lvl 5 exo samils so the epic can saw exo planks, lol.
    Ah that one is easy, it depends on building placement. Depending on where you put your wheel-makers you will need two level 6 ones to supply a level 6 carpenter with enough extra capacity for any pay wheels quests which come your way.

    As for the exo sawmills glad I have them now I'm building salt n tit mines.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

  10. #20
    Community Manager
    Ruler of the Land BB_Saqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,756
    World
    Newfoundland
    Since this thread's subject was specifically about the Master Breeder Achievement and it's been updated to reflect the feedback in the latest update, I'm going to close this thread.

    If you have any other feedback regarding any other "Master of..." achievements, feel free to make a new thread to discuss it. Thanks!

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.