Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Concerning special mines and nursery

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Exactly, it would make special mines worthwhile no doubt. Building high level normal mines is fine and I bet we will be doing that all the time as long our geologists have a job. But, special mines are just special, both visually and functionally. People I believe keeps one or two of these mines making them sleep and adding extra deposits from time to time. I just want guarantee of some sort that they will not break down suddenly when deposit runs out. Thank you all for the support shown, even the criticism to this idea can bring up new better ideas to tackle this issue more efficiently for devs I hope.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Maintaining a special mine is exactly the same as maintaining a high level mine, the only difference here is how long the player has been playing, the old hands cut their teeth on the high levels before specials were introduced. If a special should fall down there is nothing preventing you from obtaining another, it's not like they are limited to just one event meaning a possible wait of up-to nearly a year to get another. You can obtain more just through normal game-play. If anything they are disposable since due to the evolution of the game better ones come along with which many want to replace the older versions for the new sparkly model.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I've been only playing from last December and I managed to get 2 special gold mines free from event (unfortunately one got destroyed), 1 exotic nursery free from event (which I don't even turn on as I'm scared it will run out and I rely on explorers for exotic logs anyways), none granite pits or arctic mines or anything else that I might not even know about yet. So just saying that the wait is too long with always the scare of it getting destroyed if kept turned on for too long mistakenly. I say it would be better knowing it won't fall down when deposit runs out, waiting is fine by me to acquire them free from events.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahoshi View Post
    I've been only playing from last December and I managed to get 2 special gold mines free from event (unfortunately one got destroyed), 1 exotic nursery free from event (which I don't even turn on as I'm scared it will run out and I rely on explorers for exotic logs anyways), none granite pits or arctic mines or anything else that I might not even know about yet. So just saying that the wait is too long with always the scare of it getting destroyed if kept turned on for too long mistakenly. I say it would be better knowing it won't fall down when deposit runs out, waiting is fine by me to acquire them free from events.
    Also available from adventures or trade.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I believe my suggestion is not preferable to very high level players (as they can afford to buy anything anytime) but it will be most appreciated by medium/low level players. We don't have the luxury to spend so much coins for mines which are always over-priced in TO instead we save it for magnificent residence, useful production buildings and such.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahoshi View Post
    I believe my suggestion is not preferable to very high level players (as they can afford to buy anything anytime) but it will be most appreciated by medium/low level players. We don't have the luxury to spend so much coins for mines which are always over-priced in TO instead we save it for magnificent residence, useful production buildings and such.
    I think you are missing some key points:

1) Nobody can buy everything they want at anytime -regardless of level.
    2) Those players that have gotten to a high level have gone through all the pain themselves - and amazingly they managed to make it.
    3) Some of this is supposed to be hard. Without effort reward feels very shallow.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Still I think its still not enough reason for special rare mines that we get from annual events or spend so much coins/gems on should just get destroyed as deposit finishes. Thats certainly not "Special/Rare" in any case.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    In any game there is the risk of loss, unlike many games in this one you are able to keep playing. Yet here you are arguing about the loss of production capacity which can replaced with nothing more than a few planks, tools and some marble, or the loss of some recruits which most can replace in less than a day. Both of which apply to med level players.

You still as yet have to suggest a bug free version of your suggestion.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 16.09.16 at 19:30.

Reply to Thread