Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing guild MOTD and chat history - [16172]

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

Changing guild MOTD and chat history - [16172]

Hi, I just noticed that chat history now is making changes guild's Message of the day unnoticeable, because it is listing the chat and hide the message of the day above, so guild members mostly will not see it, and will not notice that it is changed.

If you can add message of the day as last chat entry when you login not first one of chat i think this will make it noticeable or if anyone have better suggestion will be good.

Its just really an issue for guild that publish news, sneak peak, events or reminders for guild members, and most people will not see the changes.

EDIT: post moved to "Bugs & Technical Issues" due to the nature of the subject (unintended outcome of Chat History implementation.) - BB_Saqui.
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 14.09.16 at 10:29.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    Hi, I just noticed that chat history now is making changes guild's Message of the day unnoticeable, because it is listing the chat and hide the message of the day above, so guild members mostly will not see it, and will not notice that it is changed.

If you can add message of the day as last chat entry when you login not first one of chat i think this will make it noticeable or if anyone have better suggestion will be good.

Its just really an issue for guild that publish news, sneak peak, events or reminders for guild members, and most people will not see the changes.
    Thanks for the feedback! Guild communication is definitely important, and I can understand that some rely heavily on the MOTD to get information to their members easily. I've forwarded this to the developers, and I'll respond back to this thread when I get an answer.
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 14.09.16 at 10:29.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! Guild communication is definitely important, and I can understand that some rely heavily on the MOTD to get information to their members easily. I've forwarded this to the developers, and I'll respond back to this thread when I get an answer.
    Thank you very much.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove

Exclamation Guild MOTD broken by history

With the new chat history the guild MOTD vanishes off the top of the chat window meaning many will not see it thus defeating the purpose of the MOTD in the first place.

A easy fix is to ensure the MOTD is the last post in chat so that all can see it.

Merged.
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 28.09.16 at 09:52.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    With the new chat history the guild MOTD vanishes off the top of the chat window meaning many will not see it thus defeating the purpose of the MOTD in the first place.

A easy fix is to ensure the MOTD is the last post in chat so that all can see it.

Merged.
    This has already been reported and the devs are working on a solution. Thank you for your feedback!

World
    Northisle

Message of the day

Guilds have a Message of the day (motd).

The chat history is great but 15 lines means the motd is scrolled out of view.

Can we please get a change so that the guild motd comes after the initial 15 lines of chat history.

Merged.
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 01.02.17 at 13:06.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    The recent hiccup with the start of the Crisis Quest being delayed by 24 hours has really highlighted how much of an inconvenience this. Quite a few of the members of my guild failed to notice the edit on the front page (with the original date struck through) and came into guild chat yesterday commenting about how they still didn't have the Crisis Quest activated yet and/or asking when it was due to start. This was despite my having posted a MOTD explaining the postponement relatively early yesterday morning.

As a result, I ended up copy/pasting my MOTD into guild chat every time one of the members asked about it, which pretty much entirely defeats the purpose of having it in the first place.

Every time we have any sort of change to the game imminent, especially ones with short notice like this Crisis Quest, or today's hot fix, it becomes less 'inconvenient' and more 'infuriating'. The Devs may not regard it as a high priority fix but in my opinion, as a guild officer trying to keep my members informed about other issues in the game, it is a vital tool that has now been rendered useless for nearly five months.

Some sort of update regarding the issue, if not an outright fix, is past due.

Pretty please!

With sugar on top!
    Last edited by Madorosu; 01.02.17 at 13:30.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    The recent hiccup with the start of the Crisis Quest being delayed by 24 hours has really highlighted how much of an inconvenience this. Quite a few of the members of my guild failed to notice the edit on the front page (with the original date struck through) and came into guild chat yesterday commenting about how they still didn't have the Crisis Quest activated yet and/or asking when it was due to start. This was despite my having posted a MOTD explaining the postponement relatively early yesterday morning.

As a result, I ended up copy/pasting my MOTD into guild chat every time one of the members asked about it, which pretty much entirely defeats the purpose of having it in the first place.

Every time we have any sort of change to the game imminent, especially ones with short notice like this Crisis Quest, or today's hot fix, it becomes less 'inconvenient' and more 'infuriating'. The Devs may not regard it as a high priority fix but in my opinion, as a guild officer trying to keep my members informed about other issues in the game, it is a vital tool that has now been rendered useless for nearly five months.

Some sort of update regarding the issue, if not an outright fix, is past due.

Pretty please!

With sugar on top!
    This is why I send guild mail instead, until they fix this issue somehow!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    MOTD should be in front of chat history, then 15 posts to follow...
    Until then I suggest using Guild mails as well

That an update of MOTD doesn't result in an instant update to all guildies have been discussed in the past.

Reply to Thread