Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I suggest BB doesnt force Facebook down our throat

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Thank you for your concerns. We provide a multitude of content for different channels e.g. forum, chat, website, Facebook and Twitter. You don't need an account on Facebook to view the content, and you're more than welcome to discuss the content here on the forums if that's what you'd prefer.
    Have you noticed that pop up that blocks your content on FB if you are not logged in? It says some nonsense like "See more of The Settlers Online by logging in to Facebook", from time to time it pops in right in the middle, and you cannot close it so it always blocks at least bottom part of the screen. Depending on resolution it may be significant part of the screen. Then it hides the whole thing begging us to "log in to continue" with no way out other then close the page and reopen again. Behaviour typical for malware. I'm not saying you shouldn't use FB, but it would be nice to have the same content on forums too. I'm definitely not ready to submit to FB sneaky manipulative techniques and create FB account just to see TSO. Clearly FB doesn't want us to see your content without controling us. Why then should you support this treacherous sister of Big Brother?

So yes, +111 for this suggestion.

World
    Sandycove
    +1 - No FB content for me please BB
    We have a forum for these kinds of things, lets stick to that

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Have you noticed that pop up that blocks your content on FB if you are not logged in? It says some nonsense like "See more of The Settlers Online by logging in to Facebook", from time to time it pops in right in the middle, and you cannot close it so it always blocks at least bottom part of the screen. Depending on resolution it may be significant part of the screen. Then it hides the whole thing begging us to "log in to continue" with no way out other then close the page and reopen again. Behaviour typical for malware. I'm not saying you shouldn't use FB, but it would be nice to have the same content on forums too. I'm definitely not ready to submit to FB sneaky manipulative techniques and create FB account just to see TSO. Clearly FB doesn't want us to see your content without controling us. Why then should you support this treacherous sister of Big Brother?

+1 to this and +1 for OP
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post

is this a issue for BB or FB to solve ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    is this a issue for BB or FB to solve ?
    Imo it's a reason for every good company not to support FB in general or at least not to place exclusive content on FB.
    Technically the "problem" is within Facebook responsility, only it's not a "problem", but calculated technique aiming to limit even passive usage of FB platform and force people to log in or to create an account if they want to read on it, so something on the verge of dirty marketting techniques. This way FB actually restricts TSO promotion on their platform.
    The reason I posted this here, not as complaint to FB, is that first I don't want to have anything to do with FB, second BB can easily do us a favour by placing the same content both here on their forums and on FB with links to both as a courtesy to those of us who dislike this controling and spying monster called facebook and refuse to support it. And of course it is a response to MOD saying that we don't need an account to view their content on FB, which statement imo deserved some correction..
    Last edited by Norton_C; 17.09.16 at 15:33.

World
    Northisle
    Interesting mirror. The morse code isn't mirrored but the translated letters are.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblyt View Post
    +1 please do not force us to use Facebook
    Sorry, but no-one is forcing you to use Facebook whatsoever. You're still perfectly able to log in here and play the game without it. I've seen some pretty baseless gripes on here over the years, but this whole thread trumps them all. If you don't want to use Facebook, then that's your prerogative. However, there are millions of folks out there that do and I, for one, applaud any attempt BlueByte makes to tap into that market in order to help sustain the game.

World
    Northisle
    3rd riddle

World
    Sandycove
    +1
    I avoid social media (this forum being my only exception) and I don't think it's fair to expect people to go into 'uncomfortable' territory just to stay even with others.

The "Free Gems" was bad enough - leaning more to the mass gathering of anything available instead of appealing to the hard core players - I hope pop-up ads are not next (in which case I am gone).

Leave this as it is - post in the forums or in the game main menu and I would be very grateful.
    Last edited by Xibor; 19.09.16 at 22:01.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Thank you Durin_d for posting the facebook content here for those of us who don't wish to use facebook.
    It is very much appreciated

Reply to Thread