Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I suggest BB doesnt force Facebook down our throat

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Not a facebook fan, please don't make us use it!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Sorry, but no-one is forcing you to use Facebook whatsoever. You're still perfectly able to log in here and play the game without it. I've seen some pretty baseless gripes on here over the years, but this whole thread trumps them all. If you don't want to use Facebook, then that's your prerogative. However, there are millions of folks out there that do and I, for one, applaud any attempt BlueByte makes to tap into that market in order to help sustain the game.
    Nothing wrong with posting on Face-book. What is wrong is not giving rest of players same option and also posting same content here. That should not be too hard.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    +1 Urd123, if it goes on farcebook then it should also be posted here, and many thanks to Durin for doing that.

World
    Northisle
    And in the end what was all the fuss about? Just an annoucment for the excelcior? Or Did this lead to something new we didn't knew already?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    And in the end what was all the fuss about? Just an annoucment for the excelcior? Or Did this lead to something new we didn't knew already?
    It tells us something is happening on Friday.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Nothing wrong with posting on Face-book. What is wrong is not giving rest of players same option and also posting same content here. That should not be too hard.
    exactly ! They should promote theire game on their own forum as well as other places !

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    You guys HAVE (!) a forum, I don't even know if you realize this. Why do you want to take discussions and information elsewhere?
    That somehow feels like McDonald's suggesting people get their McMenu coupons over at Burger King's ...

I would suggest use Facebook as secondary channel and forum as primary channel when you guys just can't avoid Facebook.

Personally, I hate Facebook with a passion. I do not have a user account there and I don't like the entire thing for many reasons.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    You guys HAVE (!) a forum, I don't even know if you realize this. Why do you want to take discussions and information elsewhere?
    That somehow feels like McDonald's suggesting people get their McMenu coupons over at Burger King's ...
    +1 totally agree, well said and up to the point

Also, the forum is getting diluted with each passing day because of it, if you ask me our forum suffered a great loss as soon the facebook and twitter got involved.
    As said earlier above, please stick to the main page and the forum as mains, all else can come up with redirecting links and so on...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urgh123 View Post
    +1 totally agree, well said and up to the point

Also, the forum is getting diluted with each passing day because of it, if you ask me our forum suffered a great loss as soon the facebook and twitter got involved.
    As said earlier above, please stick to the main page and the forum as mains, all else can come up with redirecting links and so on...
    I agree.
    I have not been using forum for 7 month now,- because it just made me more and more annoyed. It felt tp me that presons in charge was just very condescending and disrespectful towards players in general. Often we got no response at all, to very reasonable questions and requests. Or the answer came only after very long speculations and discussions among players.
    It all culminated in a very strange way to use censorship, that made me stop reading anything on forum.
    Been peeping in lately and must say I am so far surprises in a positive way. It does look as if someone does think that giving feedback on feedback is not a waste of time. Maybe something has changed - I do hope so

I think it is ok to use Face book as a way to promote the game. But this should be the first place for us to find any new information. We should not be forced to log in on face book also to find it. I do have a face book account but I really dont like face book and have not used it for years.

My point is, that putting stuff on Face book and not here, or in both places. Tend to fuel the image I got in the spring. That was that BB is company who does not really care what their customers think and feel about the game and what goes on.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Reply to Thread