Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Make Event Buildings Upgradeable

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    During the last Olympics did any country ask to work on increasing on their medal tally for the 2012 Olympics. In the last election did any party ask for votes in the election before. What you are asking here amounts to exactly the same thing.

As these are old buildings it's likely that any who have them are now a high level player, does somebody with 1/2 million or more storage see any point doing stuff to gain a few k more, will somebody with population measured in the 10's of K do the same to gain less than 100 more.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    During the last Olympics did any country ask to work on increasing on their medal tally for the 2012 Olympics. In the last election did any party ask for votes in the election before. What you are asking here amounts to exactly the same thing.
    ^^ That is arguing for the sake of arguing.^^
    No valid point there at all. Utter nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    As these are old buildings it's likely that any who have them are now a high level player, does somebody with 1/2 million or more storage see any point doing stuff to gain a few k more, will somebody with population measured in the 10's of K do the same to gain less than 100 more.

These 'OLD' buildings take up the same space as a new one but cannot be used to full potential.
    3k capacity locked from a potential 48k capacity on a single build plot is not just 'a few k'
    Not that hard to understand surely.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletz View Post

These 'OLD' buildings take up the same space as a new one but cannot be used to full potential.
    3k capacity locked from a potential 48k capacity on a single build plot is not just 'a few k'
    Not that hard to understand surely.
    If it's that much a issue for you, why have you not put a storage in its place which allows you to have more than 3k storage at that location?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    ^^ That is arguing for the sake of arguing.^^
    No valid point there at all. Utter nonsense
    Actually, it's directly analagous. If I entered, say, a gymnastics competition two years ago and got a bronze medal, i am not going to be able to go back and change it to a gold medal because i am now more skilled and able to perform better. The level of the event building reflects your capability at the time of that specific event and should remain that way, in my opinion.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynita View Post
    The level of the event building reflects your capability at the time of that specific event and should remain that way, in my opinion.
    exactly ... a big -1 from me for the op's suggestion. I have not fully upgraded event buildings and I'm quite happy for them to stay that way

World
    Sandycove

The event buildings reflect where you were as a player, when that particular event was on. Please let's not get rid of every single "souvenir/trophy" aspect of the game by extending outside events, or making tradeable.
    agree wholeheartedly with you there is no need to have them all upgraded as shows where you were in the game at that moment in time so why rewrite history just so you have max this and that like others may have, you should be proud that you got to to X level at the time as obviously you were a lower level player etc then so i would just be proud of what you achieved in the game at that set time.

massive no thank you to this idea

World
    Northisle
    Very strong -1 to this idea. I earned my event buildings fairly, as did many players. Some are not at max level but that's ok as it reflects my ability/involvement at the time. I'm annoyed enough that BB chose to make the Bone Church tradable as I earned mine honestly and now anyone with a bit of coin can acquire one. They did the same for the White Castle maybe 3 years ago and that irritated me too as I had one from an ls just 3 days after that happened and I felt it took away the achievement of finally getting one.

Making it possible to upgrade event buildings is like trying to rewrite history, or worse faking an achievement you have no right to claim imo.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    No gold medals for guessing that I'm still waiting for this popular suggestion to be implemented.

We now have the ability to upgrade all maner of buidings in various ways but my 2015 egg house is still stuck below it's full potential.

What are the plans for future upgrades to Christmas Market after this event?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    No gold medals for guessing that I'm still waiting for this popular suggestion to be implemented.
    Given that the feedback on this thread to your idea is almost entirely negative, I fail to see how you can regard it as "popular". I am in the same position as you, in that my Easter 2015 house is stuck at level five, largely due to my lack of explorers, but also due to my conscious decision to avoid Colony Mode at that point in my island's development. However, I am firmly in agreement with this:

If I entered, say, a gymnastics competition two years ago and got a bronze medal, i am not going to be able to go back and change it to a gold medal because i am now more skilled and able to perform better. The level of the event building reflects your capability at the time of that specific event and should remain that way, in my opinion.
    So it's another -1 to the idea from me to add to the tally, I'm afraid.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Popular with you only and I guess you've not seen the glacial speed with which BB respond to 'suggestions' in here. There are many bugs that the devs are working on as well as new content before they'd get around to this sort of trivia.

Reply to Thread