Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Make Event Buildings Upgradeable

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Make Event Buildings Upgradeable

Please make it possible to upgrade special event buildings after the event ends.

Many of the Special buildings gained during events are not upgradeable once the event ends.
    Over time as players lvl up they are stuck with partialy upgraded buildings they gained from past events.

My Easter Residence from 2015 event will forever be at lvl5 (unless this suggestion is implemented)
    A guildie friend has a lv2 Spacious Warehouse capacity at this lvl is just 3k, a lvl 6 one would be 48k
    At the time of the event he was a new player under lvl 20, now he's already at lvl 54 but stuck with a build that potentially could be so much better that it is now + forever locked at 3k with no way to unlock it's 48k potential. (unless this suggestion is implemented)
    Many other examples available.

Maybe,
    Upgrades could be locked for 12 mths following events finish date.
    Upgrades would only be possible during similar future events.
    or whatever other restriction BB can come up with.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletz View Post
    Upgrades would only be possible during similar future events.
    That would be the most logical way of doing it, but considering the upgrades were gained through achievement points it would probably mean having to earn "bonus" achievement points in addition to the points needed for the current event.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Newfoundland

The event buildings reflect where you were as a player, when that particular event was on. Please let's not get rid of every single "souvenir/trophy" aspect of the game by extending outside events, or making tradeable.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    You do realise this suggestion would demand players do PvP during events no less.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    You do realise this suggestion would demand players do PvP during events no less.
    Not at the moment Doro, have mine fully upgraded without doing any PvP, and I'll fight to keep it that way

However I do agree with Ynita, I think there does need to be some aspects of the game that reflect individual participation and `achievement'. Whether a level of a building is the right thing to show the achievement is another discussion, but I would hate to see everything available to everyone regardless of effort/ economic planning/ strategy within the event.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    However I do agree with Ynita, I think there does need to be some aspects of the game that reflect individual participation and `achievement'. Whether a level of a building is the right thing to show the achievement is another discussion, but I would hate to see everything available to everyone regardless of effort/ economic planning/ strategy within the event.
    Agreed
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    The achievements of a player is recorded but buildings on a players island should NOT be 'Locked' forever at the lvl achieved in a particular event.
    PVP has absolutley NOTHING to do with this sugesstion.

World
    Northisle
    The achievements of a player is recorded but buildings on a players island should NOT be 'Locked' forever at the lvl achieved in a particular event.
    Maybe they could add an option to upgrade with gems, that way players past achievements still mean something and BB gets a financial revenue stream

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove

May I remind you that PvP was one of the ways to level up one of the buildings, so it does have something to do with this suggestion.

There is also the chance of a flaw in the original suggestion, as presented it assumes a event with no event building otherwise it would mean an additional workload to level up old buildings on top of the workload for the building of a future event.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Non of the previous events relied on PVP to reach max upgrade .
    Easter 2015 cut it fine but it was possible to reach lvl6 without PVP. A friend did it np.
    I reached lvl5 during that event and was short by just a few points due to a glitch related to explorer searches (I Didn't find enough eggs).
    I have since increased the number of explorers I have to prevent a similar situation in future.

My suggestion is to make past event buildings upgradeable, how that is implemented (if at all) would be up to BB to work out details of timing/fairness etc, that's why I offered a few possible restrictions.
    Side quests for old upgrades during events would perhaps be another possibility.

The problem as I see it is only created by using buildings as event rewards with upgrades 'locked' to that specific event.

Reply to Thread