Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Excelsior and colonies

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle

Excelsior and colonies

The excelsior will by the looks of it give me many things to divert myself with for quite a while but why no colony content? I know colonies are not widely loved but here we have another opportunity missed to make them more attractive, and once again those that do enjoy playing them are overlooked, (as they are at most events - easter excepted).. There could easily be a pvp related chain or somesuch in there somewhere, those that do not want to take part in colonies need not invest their jewels, those that are could... buffs etc to make colonies more attractive might help.... and why do zone wide buffs not cover armories and academies? Many adventures cost a lot of resources to do but at least we have 2 3 4 and even 5x buffs to help produce weapons etc, in colonies all we get are a couple of expensive double speed buffs so we can use up our resources even faster.

The Excelsior "slot machine " is great (apart from the graphic blighting my already distopian island) but as far as colonies are concerned it is yet another opportunity missed.

World
    Newfoundland
    the barracks zone buff doesnt work on academies? seems like a bug..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by stonewaller View Post
    The excelsior will by the looks of it give me many things to divert myself with for quite a while but why no colony content? I know colonies are not widely loved but here we have another opportunity missed to make them more attractive, and once again those that do enjoy playing them are overlooked, (as they are at most events - easter excepted).. There could easily be a pvp related chain or somesuch in there somewhere, those that do not want to take part in colonies need not invest their jewels, those that are could... buffs etc to make colonies more attractive might help.... and why do zone wide buffs not cover armories and academies? Many adventures cost a lot of resources to do but at least we have 2 3 4 and even 5x buffs to help produce weapons etc, in colonies all we get are a couple of expensive double speed buffs so we can use up our resources even faster.

The Excelsior "slot machine " is great (apart from the graphic blighting my already distopian island) but as far as colonies are concerned it is yet another opportunity missed.

Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    the barracks zone buff doesn't work on academies? seems like a bug..
    Hint in the names
    academy different name to barracks maybe that's why they don't work on that

World
    Newfoundland
    The name is Recruitment Guide. Guess it shouldnt work on Barracks either..

World
    Sandycove
    it says on buff its for barracks the academy is not titled barracks so that's why it wont work

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Like the OP already mentioned, Excelsior is not for the colonies. And no I do not support your suggestion for PvP related Excelsior stuff, would prefer BB to spend time on the improvement of Co-Op adventures first, and for that I think they only need to improve the loot

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Maybe they could improve Colonies AND CO-op adventures content, so that all could be happy?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu10093 View Post
    it says on buff its for barracks the academy is not titled barracks so that's why it wont work
    yea looked it up on test.
    still seems weird that academy is excluded, other buffs work on a lot of different buildings..

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser-1 View Post
    Like the OP already mentioned, Excelsior is not for the colonies. And no I do not support your suggestion for PvP related Excelsior stuff, would prefer BB to spend time on the improvement of Co-Op adventures first, and for that I think they only need to improve the loot
    100% agree. Not even crystals would force me to play pvp.
    I'd much prefer to see devs time spent fixing longstanding glitches in the game, addressing things like co-op adventures and further developing the main game.
    The amazing stuff that has been rolled out over the last 12 months is exactly the direction i'd like to see the game move in.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I like expeditions and do my bit of colonies nearly every week but I don't think there's any need to connect them with Excelsior. Excelsior is briliant as it is. But, if there was a colony yielding moderate amount of crystals, that's something I could deal with and would certainly go for it. I guess that would have to be no more then 1 or 2 crystal per 6 hours to keep the balance. Maybe 3 or 4 if the colony was somehow super restricted, difficult, rare or whatever.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 02.10.16 at 18:20.

Reply to Thread