Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: manuscript recipe from letters

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimhurst View Post
    There IS a SECRET to getting the recipe.

( personally I have a feeling that even BB are not aware of it - if they are then that's a good sign that they have stopped dumbing down the game and giving everything away for little effort or thought. )

Remember the achievement that required us to gain {not 100% sure of exact wording} 15 marble mines but there was only 14 possible ? Then BB TOLD us how to do it by upgrading geologist with books to find the extra mine !! For this reason I believe BB don't even know or they would be spilling the magic beans already

Happy hunting.
    There is no secret, there is RNG.

World
    Newfoundland
    All hail the RNG!
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraku View Post
    There is no secret, there is RNG.
    Math.random();

try this:
    Math.floor((Math.random() * 2) + 1);

there is no way someone will throw a coin and will get back the head 50 times in a row... and if there is a remote chance, there is no way it would affect so many peoples so no, there is no RNG, just a bad written algorithm using some pseudo random generator as in all the IT nowdays :P
    Last edited by TabulaRasa; 09.02.17 at 16:25.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
    Math.random();

try this:
    Math.floor((Math.random() * 2) + 1);

there is no way someone will throw a coin and will get back the head 50 times in a row... and if there is a remote chance, there is no way it would affect so many peoples so no, there is no RNG, just a bad written algorithm using some pseudo random generator as in all the IT nowdays :P
    For your claim to be true you would have to have access to privileged information.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

ChapterIX
    My queries would be - Can only get once from a box? Or, can you only get if you have a RPH. I got my RPH house at xmas just gone, and if the answer is yes to one or both of these questions then it could be causing zero results if the code is bugged. Some clarification would be nice to at least put peoples minds at ease

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    A bit of logical thought here helps, more than one is of no use. Therefore you can only get it once. There is no mechanic visible for all other items a player can acquire which they can't use to prevent them getting them. Therefore not having a RPH is no bar to getting the recipe.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

ChapterIX
    If there's code behind the manuscripts, then it's feasible that it could be getting its knickers in a twist. Id love to know if somebody has picked one up though without a RPH. What if for example the client thinks you have already got one when you haven't.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    There is a cunning secret to manuscript recipe acquisition ; after 25 fails I realised brute force wasn't the answer. I figured it out and got it immediately my next attempt. There are 2 groups of players here : Players that get it in 1-3 attempts ; Players that are still trying after 20-30 attempts. Its not RNG - there is a difference between these 2 groups. Its not hard to figure out tbh. This is a nice little puzzle here and I'm not gonna spoil it for players that like these kind of challenges but give it another few weeks and I'm sure someone will post the answer ! ( if not then I will post a spoiler alert when I hit level 75 )

World
    Newfoundland
    There is a cunning secret to manuscript recipe acquisition ; after 25 fails I realised brute force wasn't the answer. I figured it out and got it immediately my next attempt.
    I havent spent a dime on this game since 2012 and still got the recipe on 2nd or 3rd attempt.

If thats what you're implying

__
    I think what we have here is the usual case when it comes to RNG - the most unlucky ones are the only ones to speak out, which gives us the wrong impression of the RNG in this game.
    Last edited by sparkz; 12.02.17 at 15:05.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    There is a cunning secret to manuscript recipe acquisition ; after 25 fails I realised brute force wasn't the answer. I figured it out and got it immediately my next attempt. There are 2 groups of players here : Players that get it in 1-3 attempts ; Players that are still trying after 20-30 attempts. Its not RNG - there is a difference between these 2 groups. Its not hard to figure out tbh. This is a nice little puzzle here and I'm not gonna spoil it for players that like these kind of challenges but give it another few weeks and I'm sure someone will post the answer ! ( if not then I will post a spoiler alert when I hit level 75 )
    Lets see. It's possible to roll up to 99 crystal a time. This tells us with say 1000 players that means the system has to be generating 8.6 BILLION random numbers a day minimum. Out of all those rolls you needed just 1 to go the way you wanted. You have no way to prove your so called system works as you can not replicate it.
    The fact you got it just shows it was your time to get it, to believe anything else is just delusional.

Reply to Thread