Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: manuscript recipe from letters

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Well it sucks but there is no bug if its just random and the added fail safe mechanism activates after +40-50 tries. You also seem to have bad luck with getting letter snippets if it takes you almost 3 weeks to make a single long letter. Also remember that the current design is based around on the fact that some people can try it every few days and they are never left empty handed as gems and xp are acquired. With the gems they can buy prem and double the crystals you get per week from daily quests.
    Well said, Mannerheim. I understand that you might be frustrated, Grumsi - but some stuff in the game is deliberately hard to attain. If you look back in this thread, you'll begin to see the average number of attempts it'll likely take to get the recipe. But we did put a safeguard in if players go over a threshold to protect them from bad RNG.

As suggested though, there are some ways you can up your number of attempts as Mannerheim said!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Well said, Mannerheim. I understand that you might be frustrated, Grumsi - but some stuff in the game is deliberately hard to attain. If you look back in this thread, you'll begin to see the average number of attempts it'll likely take to get the recipe. But we did put a safeguard in if players go over a threshold to protect them from bad RNG.

As suggested though, there are some ways you can up your number of attempts as Mannerheim said!
    Also earlier in the thread was a point was made (several times) that adding something fairly useful to the game via a random factor clearly causes huge frustration. Just don't do it, eh? We can buy lottery tickets anywhere. Being unlucky isn't "difficult" it's just annoying. It probably cost BB sales of gems IMO.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLido View Post
    adding something fairly useful to the game via a random factor clearly causes huge frustration. Being unlucky isn't "difficult" it's just annoying.
    random loot is a terrible system! yes, make things hard. I dont want to attain everything want in 1 week but i prefer event systems. win a random amount of currency and spend that in a shop. even if ur unlucky at least u can see a small gain in that currency each time

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post

Surely a free game is not balanced based on paying players.
    Last edited by SSSecretSquirrel; 17.02.18 at 16:50.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    Surely a free game is not balanced based on paying players.
    You don't need to be a paying player to get 200-500 gems per week. An active player can get one 1d prem per week plus half of a one week prem gems. How players choose to use theirs is up to them but still has to be noted in the design some way.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumsi View Post
    Here is 29th failed attempt. I am sure this thread will be alive in 2022 and I will still be here counting my failed attempts! It is a bug, when will they admit it?
    I got it on my 30th attempt! I can not express a relief that I feel and I wish this never ending agony will end for other players aswell. Good luck to everyone!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Gz grumsi

World
    Newfoundland
    Got it on 17th try. I would not have minded the number of tries if I didnt have to create a codex with a maxed bookbinder out of nothing every time just to try again. Anyway I can now stop being the laughing stock of the family (both my bros got it on 4th try and didnt have to make codex all the time) and only have to wait 2 more years for the 2k manus to finish so I can catch up to the ones who got it without difficulty.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

qawpaw
    well lady luck triggered last night, so now recipe is home after only 14 month

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    well lady luck triggered last night, so now recipe is home after only 14 month
    Congratulations I think we have some poor souls in our guild who have approached that figure.

Reply to Thread