Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: manuscript recipe from letters

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    What 15 min trade rule ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quitting? Those quests do give you like 500k xp and 500 grout each. So no, I do not think so. I am after doing 12+ letter quests now and still no manuscript recipe.

However when you get the pestilential compass letter quest once or twice in a row every single time you try to gamble this stupid rnd system to get another but doable letter quest is excruciatingly irritating. I am stack with 5 useless compass craps in my star menu and tbh many times by now I was so irritated that if they were "x" deletable I would erase them from my star menu in a feat of rage. The compass has 50%-66% chance of being found and I think BB silently rigged it this way.
    Last edited by The_Sarmatian; 04.02.17 at 23:21.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    For 6 months I tried finding extra iron deposit. Sending geo with "lucky find" almost on daily basis after iron deposits. No extra iron deposit found. This is like what... 180+ days?
    The rng spits out compass quest letter at 50%-66% rate for me. I have 5 compass items in my star menu right now. Though I did 2-3 by now they are utterly undoable for long long time for me.
    For 1 entire year I could not get return from bandit nest in loot and I was doing bandit nests almost daily. Still all people claim loot from adventures is fine, but not to my experience.

So it is just almost normal and regular for me why after 12+ tries I still cant obtain the manuscript recipe. Plus the 500k xp and 500 grout does sweet it out. Just another day with the TSO rng for me. Though if there are no bugs affecting all this rng stuff I wrote about, then rng in TSO has to be rigged, doesn't it. It is hilariously improbable why rng so firmly roles negative odds against me day after day, years after years in this game. Maybe rng works fine for other peoples, but it never worked fine for me on TSO for some reason.

World
    Newfoundland
    49-50 tries and still no Manuscript recipe, am getting bitter now...

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    There IS a SECRET to getting the recipe.

( personally I have a feeling that even BB are not aware of it - if they are then that's a good sign that they have stopped dumbing down the game and giving everything away for little effort or thought. )

Remember the achievement that required us to gain {not 100% sure of exact wording} 15 marble mines but there was only 14 possible ? Then BB TOLD us how to do it by upgrading geologist with books to find the extra mine !! For this reason I believe BB don't even know or they would be spilling the magic beans already

Happy hunting.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Gee I must have been blessed, I got it on the first go around

ChapterIX
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimhurst View Post
    There IS a SECRET to getting the recipe.

( personally I have a feeling that even BB are not aware of it - if they are then that's a good sign that they have stopped dumbing down the game and giving everything away for little effort or thought. )

Remember the achievement that required us to gain {not 100% sure of exact wording} 15 marble mines but there was only 14 possible ? Then BB TOLD us how to do it by upgrading geologist with books to find the extra mine !! For this reason I believe BB don't even know or they would be spilling the magic beans already

Happy hunting.
    So if there 'IS A' secret as you are suggesting, what is it? It's not really making any sense...

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quitting over something that has been running what, a few months? I've been trying for a building from an adventure for years now, sometimes doing the adventure 3 times a day (a lot for a basic island like mine), but still no building. I keep, every now and then, getting a few blue flowers. Perhaps BB have stopped the building . . . who knows, who cares i will keep trying perhaps I should quit . . .

World
    Sandycove
    Firstly, just deal with random. It is what it is. Ask any hardcore gambler.
    Secondly, it's rather expensive to use so not the fantastic bonus it seems. Much better in Bookbinder.
    Thirdly, I don't have it yet either but the wife Diwata got it third try. She doesn't use it though because she doesn't like the cost and the time it ties up the provision house.

So I would suggest not overthinking it and just keep playing. It will happen when it happens. There are many other things worthy of focusing on.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Another player who is frustrated at not getting the manuscript recipe, and to add salt to the wound, getting the quest that requires a Codex to be completed, but 50 gems are nice

And another Lost Compass to add to the list.

Taken a month to complete another failed Lost Compass.

And another to add to the list
    Last edited by megg; 24.03.17 at 09:05.

Reply to Thread