Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: manuscript recipe from letters

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Lost the count of times I tried, but I now have 72 paperwork guides in stock (never used one), so it gives an idea of times I tried.
    tried with gems/without, tried clearing cache, using browser private mode, etc.

Another fail this morning, pretty upset.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just failed again to get manuscript recipe, my 39th attempt..........Perhaps I will get it at 40th

World
    Sandycove
    it really has become beyond a joke that some of us have tried so many times without success

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't know how many attempts I have made but did the short letters 2 or 3 times and 1 medium. the rest has been trying for manuscript

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    The Great Salem walks into this forum post, yes ive everything and been lucky with so many drops, alas ive no manu recipe, indeed 42 times now, oww well no bother ill keep bashing for the xp is cool whilst trying

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I also think it's a travesty that BB won't respond to the thread or make some kind of announcement about the problem. This thread now has more replies than the sticky post, but BB still won't do anything. There's clearly a glitch with some accounts. The "RNG" must think our account has the recipe, so we're never going to get it. Everyone I've talked to either gets it within the first few attempts or is still trying at 40+. That's not a "random" statistical distribution. That's a glitch. Either they can't fix it or it's getting players to buy gems, so they don't want to fix it.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by shasnas View Post
    I also think it's a travesty that BB won't respond to the thread or make some kind of announcement about the problem. This thread now has more replies than the sticky post, but BB still won't do anything. There's clearly a glitch with some accounts. The "RNG" must think our account has the recipe, so we're never going to get it. Everyone I've talked to either gets it within the first few attempts or is still trying at 40+. That's not a "random" statistical distribution. That's a glitch. Either they can't fix it or it's getting players to buy gems, so they don't want to fix it.
    You're ignoring all the people in this thread who said that it took 10 or 20 or 30 attempt to get the recipe. I understand that it's frustrating if it takes you longer than average, but that's not evidence of a glitch and your 'everyone I've spoken to' is demonstrably false just by the responses in this thread (which also isn't proper data).

It's dumb that BB have made the drop purely random, but that's the way that all loot in the game works - it's either automatic or it's completely random. If the drop is small enough (and I suspect that it's a less than 5% drop from what I can see) then, yes statistically there is a chance that you can play it through 50 times, 100 times or 200 times and not get it. That chance is very, very small, but in a large enough game community, 0.0001% chances can affect quite a lot of people.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I finally got mine yesterday, after nearly 40 attempts.. I don't envy the people who are well beyond that, its ridiculous

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I thought I may be lucky with this, my 40th attempt...........I thought wrong

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    GOT IT!
    Tried 4 differents things (first 2 did not work, but tried the same day, so maybe they helped)
    1- I bought small pack of gems
    2- I bought a 2nd spot from someone instead of doing my ali
    failed
    3- Spend gems for about 20 crystals to get another quest
    4- Sent a 2nd map to a friend, he started it and I completed it.

So now I have few days of manu queued

Good luck for thos still looking for it

Reply to Thread