Reply to Thread

Thread: Chat Events - In-game Quizzes in Global Chat

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

Chat Events - In-game Quizzes in Global Chat

There's no official [Feedback] thread for this but since the first one was earlier today it seems a good idea to have a spot for it, and this way the different servers can see what the others are saying.

Official Rules and Info can be found here: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/33838-Chat-Events

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    It's very cool to see a organised group effort [in colour] to stimulate some activity in chat, thanks and nicely done.

A few thoughts on execution:

• It was fast, very very fast. Might be worth considering slowing it down a little. This would also create a greater opportunity for there to be "FOUR winners per round." Several times in this first outing there were fewer than 4, and there were some 0s.

• While it makes sense to discourage a lot of random chatter while the quiz is active it's also worth making sure there isn't too much ban_ana waving at what may be legitimate questions or confusion from [plaintext] players. For example; the phrasing of the "questions" today threw at least a few people off when the first one appeared. Keeping a little space for relaxed silliness might also be in order.

• Moving the events to a channel other than Global-1 has been suggested and purely personally I like the idea of keeping them in G-1 where they are most visible. I understand the reasons for the suggestion to move them but it seems like G-1 really might benefit from the boost.

It's likely most kinks will work themselves out over time as everyone becomes accustomed to the new thing, but feedback and discussion while it's still fresh can't hurt.

Grats to everyone who won, and again thanks to [blue] and [yellow] for putting it together for this instance.

Note to players: Remember the "The"s!
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 30.09.16 at 17:21.

World
    Sandycove
    IMO there should have been a feedback thread for it:

Im a total +1

it was fast
    it was fun
    it moved on quickly

Id love to see more of these

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Was nice to see some BB's seeming to really be trying to stimulate something on g1.

World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for the unofficial feedback thread Iolanthe. (I will try and remember my "the's" lol)

Re the chat event in general .... I loved it! It was a lot of fun a big +1 from me
    I thought it ran really well especially considering it was the first time.

I would love to see these kind of things run more often - Thanks BB!

Reply to Thread