Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween 2016 - Dev Diary

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollt28 View Post
    Of course you don't mind it when you have it on your main uk account Dappadon. But still i think this is step in the wrong direction, every game needs fresh blood and by doing such steps like this one they are making it harder for it to get into the game
    I totally disagree and believe BB are moving in the right direction, my thought is this Halloween is the most balanced event we have ever had and I wont be alone in thinking this.

I also totally disagree that its not fair on new players as new players have never had it as easy in the game and that will continue to happen.

Im very surprised you dont see the need to offer additional stuff to high level long standing plays and just throw the new players missed revenue stream in the equation and as it does not include yourself you are blinded that high level actives can also contribute greatly to the revenue of the game and as I said before its balance.

My thought is like i said before as far as i am concerned and from in game/guild chats and indeed the fact I have never seen an event feedback thread with so few complaints as this one has the majority of players also like this event as its balanced unlike most previous events.

So although still some way to go and no excuses for the downtime and lockouts at the start event I think BB have done well this event and I for 1 am looking forward to future events based on this one.

In fact my main real gripe would be as a long time anno player that maybe you should be grateful the settlers still has events as anno stopped them after Easter and since no further development for anno and its now in maintenance mode, I can only hope settlers does not follow suit.
    Last edited by Dappadon; 27.10.16 at 15:18.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I dont normally have time to play during the day, but this event has been better than the usual offering at halloween.

The biggest bonus for me has been that scouts bring back pumpkins, though I have struggled with the refills a bit. Lucky for me banging out WotS has kept them bobbing along for now.

I believe BB have the balance right this time, in particular for low level players and those who cant be here 24/7.

Thanks for that

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I will also say, besides all the offline time, it is a very nice event. Counting 8k+ pumpkins now, a very nice quest chain i ended a couple of days ago, i collect in average from explorers 260 pumpkins every day(my explorers are not optimised to haul event resources). I really like the idea with the refills(hard work to obtain them(RB) Used + 400 refills and 2 runs on the noble fields with rainbow buff. So Thank you for a nice event.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Anyone else thinking they have lowered the droprate for refills after yesterdays main..
    Hardly getting anything anymore compared to the first week.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Faststriker View Post
    Anyone else thinking they have lowered the droprate for refills after yesterdays main..
    Hardly getting anything anymore compared to the first week.
    No my drop rate is still the same.....0 Lol Welcome to my world
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    I have never said that I don't like this event. I actually do like this event but I hate that they took option from majority of players to complete it fully (with achiv. and get those pumpin rewards), thats the problem, in previous events it was hard to get it but you could get it all done, but now its level restricted for no reason
    Hanami <3

World
    Newfoundland
    now its level restricted for no reason
    If you look back to Halloween last year, achievements were level restricted then too.

The Dev Diary shows that Greater Golems only spawned from level 26. Granted this is less restrictive than this year, but it was a restriction that meant not *everyone* could complete all achievements.

As for "no reason", I've mentioned elsewhere that there is a reason... BB have introduced more challenging content for the growing numbers of higher level players

World
    Sandycove
    I didn't play in 2015 so I don't know if there were any changes, but to get lvl 26 you can do that in few days, within the event for sure (every event has some starting level, 17 or smth etc, not rly relevant), but you can't jump for example from 52 to 56 level in event.

In case BB wants to give bigger challenge (with deserved rewards) to higher levels, they should give it to just only them and not to whole player base, so then for example lvl 35 could get max 10/10 achiv. from event, while lvl 60 could get 15/15 . It makes no sense to put achiv. which isn't possible to get in any way to a player, its only stressful.

If one of the reasons why there are achiv. is to show how players were active during xxx event, then for example lvl 40 player could be online every day and not get all of them, while on the other hand lvl 58 didn't rly care about event, didn't rly work on it and still get 100% of them ? I find it quite unfair

Event is good so far, but it makes no sense to give someone quest and then make him unable to complete it.
    Hanami <3

World
    Northisle

Event is good so far, but it makes no sense to give someone quest and then make him unable to complete it.
    The same sense is used throughout the game, for example you can see a major gen in the shop but you cant get him until a certain level.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I didn't play in 2015 so I don't know if there were any changes, but to get lvl 26 you can do that in few days, within the event for sure (every event has some starting level, 17 or smth etc, not rly relevant), but you can't jump for example from 52 to 56 level in event.

In case BB wants to give bigger challenge (with deserved rewards) to higher levels, they should give it to just only them and not to whole player base, so then for example lvl 35 could get max 10/10 achiv. from event, while lvl 60 could get 15/15 . It makes no sense to put achiv. which isn't possible to get in any way to a player, its only stressful.

If one of the reasons why there are achiv. is to show how players were active during xxx event, then for example lvl 40 player could be online every day and not get all of them, while on the other hand lvl 58 didn't rly care about event, didn't rly work on it and still get 100% of them ? I find it quite unfair

So how would you go about giving us high levels a challenge.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread